Monday, June 06, 2016

The truth about cats and dogs


I thought I'd intersperse my Germany and France adventures with different blog posts to try and keep things varied here and to try and not make it too samey!
Here's an outfit from before the holidays.

CBC always says I am wearing his school uniform when I wear this Closet London dress as the pattern is quite similar to his school's skirt.

The beauty of these Closet dresses is that you can wear a blouse underneath, pinafore-style and wear them all year round, not just in the Summer. They have pockets and I always know their size 8 will fit me perfectly in these fit-and-flare styles.
The obvious choice was my stalwart turquoise Doc Martens and this time, my Miss Patina Love cat blouse. It seemed  quite a fun idea to add this acrylic dog brooch though I am kicking myself for not putting it on the other side so it looked like the dog was looking up at the cat instead of stubbornly ignoring it!

I have had a very nice weekend. It has largely consisted of garden and nature-based activities which I will share more of in my #30dayswild round-up this week but has felt very satisfying and though I am always sad to go back to work, it has been a very good holiday on the whole!

I hope all is well with you.

Finally remembering to link with lovely Patti at Visible Mondays

19 comments:

  1. omg I love this outfit and this brooches is so beautiful and cute
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds a relaxing, pleasant weekend!
    Very nice brooch! And the cat blouse is cute...it's funny, but this week I was talking of a four season dress too!!
    Have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very concerned to think that CBC went to school in a skirt like that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, his school where he teaches!!

      Delete
    2. I don't know though - with the right shoes and earrings?

      Delete
    3. I don't know though - with the right shoes and earrings?

      Delete
  4. LOL at Angela's comment! Love the cat collar, the teal shoes and of course, the twirly dress. Thanks for sharing. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cat blouse, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Adding the dog was inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are lovely colors and the cat collar is adorable. You had me laughing so much with your explanation. I was sitting here wondering if British school uniforms were unisexually feminine, honestly. But then I saw your answer to someone up above and now I understand. But, hey, to each their own :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love outfits with pockets, they are so handy for keeping important stuff in ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:24 pm

    How cute is this dress/blouse combination? I'm wondering if a blouse would go well with my Lana Lindy Bop dresses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a fabulous outfit especially the cat!
    I never tire of travel posts, I'm off to read yours right now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am seriously loving that cat blouse! And that dog brooch too, of course. Like Vix, I do like a travel post, so I'm already looking forward to the next installment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute doggy!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kezzie. I think you need to give classes on adorableness. Nobody does it better than you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is gorgeous! I don't think I've ever fit in a size 8 in anything and I certainly wouldn't now - none of my nice clothes fit any more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to hear you had a nice weekend! I've been a bit out of contact because I've been to island of Brač and my apartman didn't have wifi.

    You look so pretty and sweet!!!!!

    That dress is absolutely perfect, I'm in love with its print...and that cat collar is icing on the cake.

    p.s. that blue dog brooch is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely colours in this outfit and I love the brooch with the collar. Yeah, there's a local all girls school (well actually I think they have to accept boys now too) that had a similar skirt to this.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)