Last time I wrote, I left you at the end of a long walk in Vagney. The next morning, it was time to leave our campsite. We had to wake very early.
I thought it would be nice to give you a few views of our campsite.
As well as camping, the campsite Campsite Du Mettey has a number of quirky options for staying in. Geodomes, Gypsy caravan, Wooden huts and these amazing Eco-lodges. They looked really nice and interesting.Obviously, there was the wonderful freshwater pool.
The main building has the shower block, a shop and bar, bikes for hire, washing up facilities.
Cars aren't allowed on the campsite, they have compost facilities and solar panels.
I also wanted to show this cool Citreon made out of logs we saw in Vagney too.
Unfortunately it was raining as we packed up and I have a nice mountain of items next to me in the car.
We stopped at the Patisserie and Boulangerie for breakfast...
A delicious quiche.
A Religieuse. MMmm
We drove in the via Reims (Rrrrrraaaan!) which is where CBC and I spent Valentines day in 2012!
We went to see the Cathedral as WKWTTG had not been there before.It is a fascinating building. Inside and out are intricate decorations...
and impressive flying buttresses!
My favourite part of the Cathedral is the amazing variety of stained glass.
This shot came out blurry but I really liked the effect.
Here is a selection of stained glass.
![]() |
| WKWTTG's photo |
![]() |
| Also WKWTTG's photo |
It was a fitting final moment to our holiday before the remaining drive to Calais back to England!
I hope you have enjoyed it too!
xx


A good tip for life, never enter a building guarded by badgers. So glad you made it out alright. That blurry shot is brilliant. If you shake your head back and forth about 10 times and look at it again, its still blurry! I thought I might see another badger.
ReplyDeleteShamu, in all your trying to be funny, you've failed to notice their is no badger. There is, however, an owl.
DeleteShamu, in all your trying to be funny, you've failed to notice THERE is no badger. There is, however, an owl.
DeleteWhat a fantastically quirky campsite, those eco-lodges look so cosy and the Citroen woodpile and owl are fantastic.
ReplyDeleteThe stained glass in Reims Cathedral looks so 1960s and psychedelic, I love it. x
I love your trips, so well documented! I liked the place and where the camping was, with washing facilities - I loved the eco lodge and would love to stay at a gypsy's caravan! The sweets are excellent, religieuse is very delicious, I don;t eat that for ages, so good you did! The church is fantastic! I loved the stained glass windows, they are really impressive, so amazing photos to dream and get inspired! I love your pictures, dear Kezzie, always so inspiring!
ReplyDeleteDenisesPlanet.com
what an amazing place! I think it is great that they don't allow car...and that car made of wood is so cute:) Very eco-friendly campside, exactly like they should be.
ReplyDeleteI see some yummy food:)
The church blew me away....the stone structure is wonderful and the stone statues are so beautiful. The painted glass is exceptional as well.
Wow! All fun pictures! The breakfast looks especially yummy!
ReplyDeleteI like the look of the eco lodge. Even I might camp there - no creepy crawlies :-)
ReplyDeleteThat cathedral is amazing I love the stain glass windows, so beautiful. This trip has been pretty spectacular.
ReplyDeleteI've enjoyed it very much! I've never seen a cathedral with modern stained glass - quite impressive! I meant to say before that I love the look of that natural pool for swimming in. Sounds like a cool place to stay.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing campsite - the pool looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThose stained glass windows are amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous campsite, Kezzie, and I'm loving the stained glass. xxx
ReplyDeleteI like the eco lodges, they look interesting. The wooden car is a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteThe fuzzy photo of the stained glass is wonderful!
Lisa x