Hello there!
Interrupting long German-holiday reminiscences transmissions with some frivolous broochery.
This tin Peacock butterfly pin is a delight to wear as it is so light, thus it doesn't drag on a top. It was from Re in Corbridge. The little cloud pin, I'm not sure! Oh that's my Ladybird likes Typewriter key necklace up the top too!
Happy Erstwilder owl pin. I really loved this brooch for ages so when I saw it at the start of May, I used some late birthday money from my dad for it. He liked his 50 shades of Aqua background.
This rosewood recorder brooch is one of my oldest and one of my favourite brooches. I've had it since I was about 11 and it is an actual working recorder made by a proper recorder maker. You can just about play Merrily we roll along on it, it being so small! My Mum bought one for my sister and recorder teacher too. My recorder teacher still wears hers now!
This little acrylic dog pin went well with my dress!

And here, I wore the little Book owl again!!
Have you worn any brooches recently? Any favourites here?
xxx

So fun to see that recorder! I played one of those as a lad. That and the zither were my jams back in the day. Great stuff!
ReplyDeletei love them..these are so funny
ReplyDeletekisses
They look fab, I love the peacock brooch. You know I love butterflies. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the owl and the cat collar xx
ReplyDeleteThat owl is the cutest thing ever, love his Tim Wonnacott specs!
ReplyDeleteThe recorder is amazing. xxx
that owl brooch is to die for....but they are all really lovely.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the collection Mr Owl, love his specs!
ReplyDeleteLisa x
I am so jealous of your cat collar! xx
ReplyDeleteYour recorder brooch is very special ... but Mr Owl is just the best, and as Lisa said - his specs are just great!
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a good weekend
All the best Jan
I'm still trying to wear more brooches, but somehow it hasn't happened...yet. I have a beautiful 50s woman brooch from Ladybird Likes that I still haven't worn! As always, I love your quirky mix of brooches with quirky dresses. Looking forward to your posts reminiscing about Germany, I'm yet to write my posts xx
ReplyDeleteI made a pilgrimage to Re yesterday after reading about it so often on your blog 😀 Amazing place. I bought two of the bird brooches in your honour. X
ReplyDeleteYay, brooches! I love love love the owl brooch, he's the cutest thing ever. xxx
ReplyDeletePretty butterfly!
ReplyDeleteI have a butterfly pin that lives on my denim jacket , but I'm afraid to put brooches on my other clothes because of holes.
I have a wee metal butterfly too, I've had it since I was little xxx
ReplyDeleteI love the owl on the red gingham! It's just perfection.
ReplyDeleteOwl is my favourite this week, though the recorder is pretty genius and oh so sweet.
ReplyDelete