Friday, June 03, 2016

Continental Adventures


Hello there!

Wow, I left it an entire week to blog! I was so busy the last week of term and not very well, thus I didn't schedule any posts for whilst I was away as I didn't have the energy or time for it. We set off to France straight from school on Friday, driving to Ashford to pick up CBC's brother and then to drive through Le Tunnel to Calais.  We were camping so I didn't have access to the internet or any electricity really (although there was linkup - just no device or inclination to use!) Apart from sending an email to Bevchen, I didn't use any data either so it was a really nice change to be totally undigital.

The holiday largely consisted of walking, reading, eating, putting down wet tents and speaking German ok and French badly! Plus a few other exciting events and sights. What possessed me to go to France without a phrasebook or dictionary, I do not know- I seemed to forget we were having 4 days in France as well as Germany and since I don't have a problem with German communication, didn't take anything! Never again! I hate being the English tourist who grapples through a conversation like a total tool!

Anyway, I shall write more when it is not almost midnight!
I shall leave you with some pictures of our first night in Germany, driving to the Black Forest over hills to the Enz valley.





Hope you are well.

I will try to catch up soon.

Best wishes,
Kezzie



16 comments:

  1. Glad to know you were enjoying yourself. We've missed you!!
    Beautiful pictures.
    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are all so used to your regular posting that one week seemed a long time, but in reality it isn't and many bloggers post only once a week.

    So cool you visited Germany. It seems you had a lovely time! The photographs are amazing...I didn't know you can speak German...I can't despite the fact I had to learn it in high school!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered what happened, I'm glad you had a wonderful time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered where you had got to! It sounds like an idyllic break x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, I'm glad you're back I wondered where you'd gone! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, Kezzie, and I'm glad you had a great, digital free holiday. I will be going the other way through "Le Tunnel" in two weeks' time and I will be digital free as well. It will be very strange not to be blogging ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scenes! I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely scenes, your photo's are great to look at.

    Welcome back.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I take my hat off to you, I only know very basic phrases in French. I hate being the tourist who asks 'do you speak English?'
    The photos are amazing, looking forward to hearing more x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! I hope you're feeling better now and that you had a great time! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what else you got up to on your trip.
    Hope you have a good first week back.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magical and so stunning! What fantastic shots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kezzie dearest, just keep posting beautiful photos like this and we'll all be happy x
    Anna
    www.annasislandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:20 pm

    Such lovely photos xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not sure how my German would be, given I haven't used it in nearly 20 years! I never did French at school, but weirdly at Uni we had a trip to Paris and I found myself picking up words and sometimes whole phrases really quickly. Languages have always been of interest to me, it's just a hard thing to keep up, when you're not using it in daily/weekly life.

    I've been on 2 school exchanges (both lasted 3 weeks each) and have been to Germany at other times (though not this region), it's a beautiful place. Your photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)