
I think this is the last time I inflict this lovely setting on you. One of my clothing loves which I believe I have inflicted on you on several occasions is my love of sailor/navy dresses or clothing. It is thus a joy when I find item of clothing second-hand that fulfils this love! This dress was a thrifted/charity shop purchase maybe about 2 years ago and only worn once and on this blog. It is, a perfect outfit for swing-dancing in. Hence I decided to wear it for dance night at camp. The requirements (my) for a swing-dancing outfit are as follows:
a) material needs give in it (do not want a ripping on the dance floor when in the middle of groovy move)
b) sleeveless (even in the bleak-mid winter, dancing Lindy makes me hot and and sweaty)
c) mustn't have annoying strap issues- cannot stand dancing when I feel that my dress straps are falling off and worse, then followed by bra-straps. I have vivid memories of doing an er-Steps routine/medley at university for a leaving party and my friend screaming (you know who you are!) as her strapless white top started slipping as we danced. Do not want that to be me!
d) must not have too fussy detail as it is bound to get caught on something/someone as you dance! Again, leading to rip-problem
e) must have cute-vintage-esque edge to it!
f) must not be too low-cut OR need special underwear or no underwear with it!

I'm still loving having short hair-yep, should have done it ages ago!


It definitely has a turn-of-the-century bathing suit look about it.

Sorry, not much to say- it's really late!!!xxx
An hour later and I'm still up waiting for a spin cycle. If only that were one of your dances!
ReplyDeleteI love this look! Navy and white is such a sweet, classic combo, and the shape of the dress is darling - how great that you can also dance in it! The heart-shaped shades and flower crown are really fun accessories :)
ReplyDelete~Isabella
adventuresinhel.blogspot.fi
Lovely dressI really love that style x
ReplyDeleteYour new hair cut really shoes off the sailor collar to its full advantage. xxx
ReplyDeleteFab dress and amazing legs. You should show them off more!
ReplyDeleteCaroline
www.puttingyourlifeinorder.blogspot.co.uk
You look adorable that dress is so gorgeous and your photos are so fun!
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely a homage to the Victorian bathing suit. I really want one of the red and white stripy leotard ones. And a bathing hut thing that you can wheel down to the sea. Although I'd like it in my back garden to turn into a tiny craft room instead, please, because I don't like swimming in the sea. xxx
ReplyDeleteIt's a lovely dress, and yes, I'm definitely the getting early 20th Century bathing suit vibe, so cute! Great legs, Kezzie! xxx
ReplyDeleteSailor dresses are my favourite pieces ever so this is definitely the perfect outfit! I also love the amazing accessories. In response to your question, we don't have Modcloth here and I have to get it shipped over from the US. There are no taxes but obviously the shipping can be pricey. Although it can be ok if I order only lightweight pieces and am happy to wait a little while for my order to arrive.
ReplyDeleteYou reminded me of a little sailor blouse I had when I was in the first grade. I wore it with a pleated navy blue skirt. God bless my sweet mama for ironing it.
ReplyDeleteWell don't you look adorable! I especially love the feel of the black and white photo!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures and attitude Kezzie. Thanks for the hug and the knowledge God is over all. I am feeling pretty good today. yay! ♥
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures Kezzie, lovely dress :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty dress and the hair really suits you! x
ReplyDeleteI'm loving your new hair!
ReplyDeleteGreat list of requirements too, I have similar mental lists for numerous pieces of clothing!
Lovely (swimsuit) dress, I'll never true if your nautical pieces :£
That's adorable!! :) And you're right about it resembling an antique bathing suit ... except you don't have the bloomers or the bathing cap! It's fun to learn a tiny bit about swing dancing, something I've never done.
ReplyDeleteHello Kezzie! It's been a while!!! How are you? There is sooo much greenary around you in these pictures!! Since the last time i saw you, which is a long long time ago, you cut your hair, which i think in my opinion suits you alot :) x
ReplyDeleteI can't see your blog!! Your profile says it is ptivate! Do I know you in real life? Please let me know as I'd love to come and visit your blog! X
DeleteLooking lovely and such a pretty setting too!
ReplyDeleteZxx
Just found your blog, and it's so fun! Love the outfit, and I didn't see your hair before but I like it short!
ReplyDeletewww.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com
This dress is adorable, so adorable and you're right is is a bit like a turn of the century bathing suit. I love the nautical look, it is so fun and retro.
ReplyDeleteGems x
Fashion, Well Done
what an amazing sailor look! and you have a winning smile!
ReplyDeleteI'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited,Thank you for sharing good topic.
ReplyDeleteCock Fighting Online_មាន់ជល់តាមអនឡាញ