Monday, April 11, 2016

The Buyer's Archive March 2016

I have wanted to join in with this for a while. I love having a nosey when Donna, Janet and Elise do this. (Elise is the brains behind this brilliant idea!!!)  I haven't got my act together to do it and also, dreaded having to see what I had wasted my money on!! I keep meaning to STOP buying clothes but I don't seem to have stopped! Last month (February) I was terrible with my birthday purchases! Luckily, I forgot to take pictures, so you can't see the guilty list! I think if I publish this, the mere guilt of it will hopefully deter me from buying too much!

Anyway, this month's purchases all came from charity shops.  I haven't included accessories because I can't remember what I bought when! But there were a few brooches too, most of which were less than £1!!!

The first was this brand new Jasper Conran at Debenhams top, bought for £3.50 at Mind in Maldon.
I loved the scalloped frilly er-lines and I thought I'd like a purple top.  A lot of the long-sleeved tops, that are not jumpers, that I own, are rather scruffy or faded.  I didn't try it on but it fits ok.

 This Monsoon Striped knitted dress was also from Mind, Maldon and cost £3.99. A frustrating example of, 'Should have tried it on'- the shape is not flattering to me as it clings to the bottom half which is not a good look for me.  I don't live near Maldon, nor drive, so it's unlikely I would be able to get back in time to take this back.  I like the little knitted brooch feature and stripes but this is one I will be passing on!
 The next item was from Helen Rollason Cancer Care and cost £3.99. It was also brand new with tags. I was rather excited to find this as I wanted a knitted checked skirt like this for a Clara Oswald cosplay for TARDIS Tuesday. It fits really well and is rather flattering. Result!!
 The penultimate item was £1.99 from Barnados and is a Dorothy Perkins heart-print skirt. I really love this one- it has POCKETS ladies!  It fits very well and it is a nice shade of orange, which I liked.
 The final item was this adorable Topshop sailor jumper which was a bit more steep at £7.99.  I am afraid that my heart leaps when I see a sailor item of clothing and despite it being a size 6, I had to have it. The fit is great and it is a good early Spring jumper.

All in all, I spent £20.96.  I didn't NEED any of these items, so I shouldn't have bought any, but at least I spent less than last month (by about £100)!!! It's a shame about the stripy dress, but I hope I can pass it on.

What have you bought this month?

I am joining in the Buyer's archive with Elise (the founder and brain child of this along with Donna, Charlotte and Janet, Hazel and Lucy)

xx


41 comments:

  1. Nice things, Kezzie! I'm very bad at trying things on, and often find myself disappointed. I really should learn a lesson here, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am usually quite good with making judgements on fits in charity shops but not with this!!x

      Delete
  2. Love the DP skirt. Would have fought you for it even though I am not supposed to be buying clothes because I have too much as well! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved it when I saw it!!! Ha, ha, charity shop elbows at dawn!!!! Ha, it's so hard- I am so weeeeeeeeeeeak!x

      Delete
  3. This is something I've been meaning to join in with for a while but keep forgetting! I love the Topshop jumper, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do Char, I have been meaning to since November!!!! Thanks! I loved it when I saw it- can't beat a sailor item!!!!

      Delete
  4. Yay another convert! (That sounds creepy - I'm not a weird cult leader, internet!) Maybe you could try selling the Monsoon dress on eBay? I love the sailor top, sometimes paying more is worth it if you really love something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwa ha, you are the cult of shopping archiving! Yes, I often think of selling on Ebay but not sure I could cope with all the admin!

      Delete
  5. I cant' stop buying clothes either and although I usually try things on, when the fitting room queue is long (or I'm wearing too many layers) and it's cheap, I am known to take a chance, resulting in the odd disaster. From your buys, I especially like the sailor jumper. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one!xThanks! I loved it when I saw it!!!

      Delete
  6. I thought the skirt was very Clara before I read it :)
    And I love anything with pockets, but what a shame about the stripey dress. And how could not have purchased the sailor top? It'll NEVER go out of style. A lovely group of purchases, and all for £21, that's not bad is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, you have Clara Oswald radar- I've seen it in action before!!!
      YES to pockets!!!! Sailor is certainly a ubiquituous classic!

      Delete
  7. Oh dear me, I am so thrifty, I haven't bought a single piece of clothing or footwear in about 2 years, not even a brooch, lol... All my spare money goes to help my granddaughter pay her mortgage each month.
    Where do you hang all these clothes? I would like a peek into your large closet.

    I really can't blame you for buying all those cloths if you are really into clothes because the price was right. We all have our addictions...so no judgement.

    Hugs,

    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a better person than me in so many ways Julia. WHAT a good heart you have to help your grand-daughter!!! Ha, I have clothes in one closet and then lots of drawers and boxes!!!
      Bless you for not judging- I deserve to be judged though!

      Delete
  8. Anonymous1:59 pm

    Cute sailor top! I have treated myself to a dome umbrella adorned with flamingos and some earrings this month xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, you need to share ze umbrella! Char has been knitting herself a mini flamingo, you should see where she got the pattern from and make yourself a brooch! xx

      Delete
  9. I love the heart skirt!

    The only item of clothing I've bought lately is a T-shirt from New Zealand. That one T-shirt cost more than all your items from March combined, but it's okay because it's a souvenir of my holiday. That's what I'm telling myself anyway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it is allowed! Souvenirs are obligatory!x

      Delete
  10. This morning I bought two sleeveless tops with ruffles and a denim shift dress to wear over my swimsuit. Yes, I'm ready for summer and it's a very GREY spring day today.
    Do you have a big closet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound good- booooooooooooooooooooo to the grey day! I have LOTS of boxes and only one closet!

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous buys Kezzie, I can't wait to see you wear them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay tuned, the sailor and heart skirt will be here soon!x

      Delete
  12. £7.99 isn't a bad price for a Topshop item - even from a charity shop. My daughter spends a fortune in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought that! Even on Ebay it always sells well!x

      Delete
  13. I went charity shop hunting with my friend last week. She bought lots: White Stuff top, White Company smock, Monsoon cardy, Clarks shoes and some other bits. I got a book...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were very restrained! She did well. There were some amazing Clarks brand new brogues that I adored in the charity shop last week but they were 2 sizes too small- booo!x

      Delete
  14. I love that Topshop sailor jumper x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that Topshop sailor jumper x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice shopping and not expensive!!Good

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also love having a nosey at these posts! I'm tempted to have a go myself- like you say, if only to stop me spending so much!

    Liz x
    Distract Me Now Please

    ReplyDelete
  18. That nautical top is so adorable and you are going to look amazing in that checkered skirt. What a wonderful thing to look forward to maybe seeing one day :)

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  19. That nautical jumper is very you and I love the colour of the first top, bet it suits you a treat! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooo I love that skirt, and woopwoop for pockets! I bought 2 cardigans this month that do not fit in my (already full) cardigan drawer - whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You always find such cool bargains! It's such a shame though about the stripey dress though! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. That love heart patterned skirt is definitely my favourite of all your buys and what a great bargain too. The sailor top is a very you item.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, I think you did very well on all your purchases and surely the stripey dress can be re-cycled to help another good cause!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can you chop off and hem the striped dress for service as a top or tunic? But I'd say that's a pretty good month of shopping, not too much, not too little. I should try this too but it scares me. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love those last 2 items and they work so well together in your outfit post too.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)