I thought it would be funny to share those I have swooned or held a slight penchant for over here:
![]() |
| Yep, that's me and him!!!! Pity it was mid-winter and I was freezing and totally star struck! |
He has THE most gorgeous smile and twinkly eyes! I even met him in real life when I went to see him in a play in London a few years ago.
2. David McCallum as Ilya Kuryakin in The Man from U.N.C.L.E
Oh my! I was about 12 when I first started watching the programme and I was smitten with him! Truly smitten. Anyone mentions Ilya Kuryakin and I swoon!
3. Colin Firth as Mr Darcy-
I would not be female if I didn't love him!
4. Paul McGann- Doctor Who, the movie.
I loved him as a 14 year old. I watched the movie and totally adored him. Embarassingly, I wrote two letters to Doctor Who magazine which mentioned this. Both were published...
5. John Hasler as T-Shirt in T-bag and the ...
This was probably my first conscious crush (see below). I loved the Kids programme T-bag about a witch who was obsessed with tea which gave her magical powers. John Hasler, the actor who played her beleaguered side-kick T-shirt actually lived up the road from us and my Mum was actually in a musical with him when he was about 6 (The Music Man FYI). However, this was before I discovered T-bag and I sadly never saw him in real life despite our close proximity. He featured in ALL the fictional stories I wrote as an 11 year old in year 6 stories and he even went to Antarctica with me and Ernest Shackleton on the Endurance*
6. Luke Skywalker- Star Wars
Apparently, according to my sister, at the tender age of 4, I was rather taken with him. I don't remember although I think he's pretty cute!!!
7. Peter Davidson- Doctor Who/All Creatures Great and small
He was always really cute but it was as Tristan Farnon in All Creatures Great and Small that I came across him. I rediscovered him in Doctor Who.
8. Billy Kennedy in Neighbours.
He was about my age at the time! I totally loved him AND Anne!
9. Elijah Wood as Frodo.
Is it WRONG that I found him totally cute as a Hobbit! Something about all those tortured moments and those amazing blue eyes. Never mind the Legolas, I liked the Hobbit!
I struggled to find 10, having begun this post so you can see from the above, that I was really clutching straws!
10. Will Wheaton in Star trek, the next generation
Totally loved Wesley Crusher in Star Trek! He wasn't it it very often, but it was a treat when he was!
Over to you! Own up, who are yours!??!
x
*obviously it was FICTION! I'm not reaaaaally a timetraveller who combines fictional kids with historical heroes

That is too funny, even your handbag matches his scarf, lol. You're a very honest person to revel your crushes. I can remember having a crush on a school teacher. I thought he was so interesting and I imagine being married to him until he got married and then reality set in. lol. Somehow he didn't looked so special after that... lol. For some reason I like a particular teen actor and I can't for the life of me remember his name. I guess I was more down to earth. All my girl friends were crazy infatuated with Elvis and I couldn't see why. To me he was just a guy with a great voice and persona and that was it. If I had met him personally, it might have been another story, haha. I always had my nose to the grind and was pretty realistic. I think I still am.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
JB
I had a slight crush on all the Geordie teachers at my school! I got teased about it a lot. My husband is technically from that region too although he lacks the accent!
DeleteI don't really get the Elvis thing.
You are realistic and I love you for it!
Hahaha Wesley Crusher? Oh my, dear, that is too sweet. What a fantastic list! My earliest crush was Electra Woman, a superheroine on Saturday morning television who wore bright yellow tights. And thus a seed was planted, and thus a seed did grow. Erin Grey from Buck Rogers was another and Linda Carter's Wonder Woman. But your list cannot be beat, so wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHe was CUTE!!!!! Ha, I can see why you'd like all the super heroes in their tights and outfits!!
DeleteKezzie. You are too hysterical. I won't even give you my list because it is just too embarrassing, however, Colin Firth, oh my, yes.
ReplyDeleteNooooo, you must share!!!!!!
DeleteSorry Kezzie ALL of yours are perfecttly normal alongside my sneakingly quiet slight crush on Baldrick in Blackadder. I have NO idea why.
ReplyDeleteBut my biggest and longest enduring has to be for Alan Rickman. Sigh. Very Sad Face.
Baldrick?! That's hysterical!
DeleteTHAT IS hilarious!!! Totally, hilarious!!!
DeleteI loved Alan Rickman in Sense and Sensibility!!!
I had to Googled John Hasler, I watched TBag but couldn't remember him.
ReplyDeleteMy most embarassing one is Jimmy Nail in my teens, he had a sexy/ugly thing going on.
I loved Corey Haim too (The Lost Boys) but this switched to his co actor Jason Patric as I got older.
Other than that I don't really remember anyone else...
Ha, ha Jimmy Nail is hilarious!!!!!! Not sure who the other two are. I had to think about this list a bit. It was my blog friend Naomi talking about hot Regency guys that made me think o it!
DeleteI'm not sure who most of these are but I was Team Aragorn in the LOTR films, for sure.
ReplyDeleteYes, they are a bit obscure! Nah, not an Aragorn girl!!
DeleteThe name Ilya Kuryakin has always made my heart beat a little faster - yes! I also liked Napoleon Solo a little. Colin Firth - duh! I was crazy about The Monkees - Davy Jones and Peter Tork especially. And Michael Cole on The Mod Squad. I'm sure there are lots of others, but I seem to have blocked them from my memory.
ReplyDeleteYussss, you understand the power of the Ilya!!!!
DeleteMy Mum loved the Monkeees!
there is nothing wrong in liking mr. Wood as Frodo. Those blue eyes are quite haunting, I can agree with that. Well, if the film was true to the novel Frodo should have been potrayed by a 50 year old actor, but as seeing the film was quite a different experience than reading the book, I can't say I mind the casting. That was not the real problem with the film (or films). It was really fun to read this!
ReplyDeleteThank you, you reassure me!!!!x
DeleteI think you've done well to make a list of ten ...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
Happy Friday, Happy April - it's the 1st as I type this!
All the best Jan
Thank you!!x
DeleteEeep. I don't know any of these except Luke Skywalker and Mr. Darcy.
ReplyDeleteI've fallen hard for a Belgian lately named Matthias Schoenaerts. He was in Rag and Bone and a few period pieces and is super swoon worthy. Also the actor playing the part of the detective in The Good Wife, Jeffrey Dean Morgan who apparently plays a real evil guy in the season finale of The Walking Dead. I don't want to see him evil! I prefer him as smouldering, sexy and super intelligent on the Good Wife. They are going to shatter my illusion.
bisous
Suzanne
Yeh, some of these are a bit obscure, esp John Hasler!!!
DeleteNot sure I know him but I must look!
What a great post! We should all do one of these. My favorite show growing up was "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." and I never understood why all the girls liked Ilya Kuryakin. I thought Napoleon Solo was the dashing one.
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you! YEs, you should all do this too!!!
DeleteYAY for UNCLE!!!! I adored it! Nah, he was too cocky. It was the allure that Ilya didn't really respond to the ladies so much!
A few of yours were new to me. Luke Skywalker would be a yes. I have a penchant for SciFi guys too and who can beat the gorgeous Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Shanks from Stargate SG-1 (best sci-fi prog ever!) x
ReplyDeleteYay for Luke! I don't know the Stargate guys I'm afraid!
DeletePaul McGann in Withnail & I - now you're talking! x
ReplyDeletePhwoar yes!!!
DeleteAiden Turner. It's the eyes, honest, not the body. I like the guy from Outlanders as well (Sam Heughan. Go google him if you like. I'll wait)
ReplyDeleteDavid Tenant as the Doctor, thin but good. Richard Armitage, especially in the Vicar of Dibley. I'm sure I have some more, but these are the ones I think of first.
David Tennant ALMOST made my list but I decided I admired his acting more than fancying him!
DeleteI have to admit to not knowing who the first actor is!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you about DM though, that blonde hair did it for me.
David Tennant is wonderful. Michael Fassbender as Mr Rochester.
In fact I'd love to be able to time travel and meet Cary Grant and David Niven.
This maybe a touch weird but a young Leslie Phillips too, I am a sucker for good voices.
Lisa x
Yes, phwoar to DM!
DeleteI'm not sure who Leslie Phillips is- must google!
Ooooh i love this post! and someone who knows about ACGAS! :D YES! G'day I'm Evie! Who do i love.. hmm Gregory Peck, Colin Firth..but right now it's Peter Capaldi!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant programme it was!!!
DeleteThe Capaldi is awesome!
David McCallum for me too! As Ilya Kuryakin, and Ducky in NCIS. And Ilya Kuryakin gets mentioned a lot in NCIS! Also the dancer Gene Kelly
ReplyDeleteJulie xxxxxxx
I had no idea who JJ Field was until I read the text under your post, but he is BEAUTIFUL xx
ReplyDeleteFun! I LOVE posts like this!
ReplyDeleteHmmm, let me think ... Rupert Penry Jones, but ONLY in period dramas. Captain Wentworth *fans self*
Rhys Ifans in The Boat That Rocked.
Billy Fury.
Billy Lee Riley (I was ironing a pattern piece when I first saw him on a documentary about Sun Records, and was so smitten I almost burnt the piece!).
Alan Rickman in various things, that voice!
Christopher Lee in the seventies. Wonderful speaking voice.
Toby Stephens as Mr Rochester.
Richard E Grant in Withnail and I. The voice!
Yes, I have a thing for voices! And tall men. Oh and men with gappy front teeth like the young Ray Davies xx
Haha -- totally agree with you, and we have a few in common :) I love JJ in that pic at the top. He's so adorable (even though he's probably young enough to be my own son!)
ReplyDelete