Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Out of my window

Out of my window, are wondrous things,
Not just the ordinary, every day sights
Can I see beyond the mundane?
Yes, there stands a ferocious blue demon shaking his fist!
But he's made entirely of condensed water!
More water, more condensation?
NO- the battle of two wispy dragons!
Onwards we go.
No, that isn't a car park of cranes,
It's a crane rave!
Everyone raise one arm,
Let me hear you say Wa-yoooo!
On we go, not more cranes,
But a rainbow- in separate pieces
A memory of a childhood misconception.
An army of silent upright sentinels
Wait upon field for more commands.
I don't see wheelbarrow of thorny branches,
I see, in my mind's eye, that bliss of solitude,
Mum and I, battling against the invading army of roses
Who have been allowed to rule unvanquished in this garden.
I see the moment I was cornered by a Rose of no virtue,
Stabbed through the head by thorns, not in a crown.
I see brave Matriarch bravely beating back the Rose army.
We are victorious.
And I see many crowds of daffodils
Trumpeting upon sunny breeze.

My photos this week for Zoe at SplodzBlogz's Weekly Photo Challenge were a little boring to say the least, so I thought I'd write a little poem to go with them.With apologies to Wordworth for a slight phrase of deliberate plagiarism!

The prompt this week was 'Out of my window'

You can interpret which part of the poem goes with which picture. But all of them are views out of my window.











You've still got time to join in with the challenge- you can join in on Instagram  on or on your blog with the hashtag, #SplodzWPC

What's out of YOUR window?

See you!

xx

22 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem, Kezzie! I like your views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an imagination you have Kezzie. Even tiding up the gardens is a big adventure. I'm so glad you got out victorious. I'll be thinking of you when I tackle my rose bushes. lol.
    I see a fire breathing winged dragon in that last photo.

    Have a beautiful day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia! I am very grateful for my imagination! I think life must be hard without it!!!
      Ha, ha, yes think of me! I just got attacked by the wheelbarrow of thorns as I went out in the dark to go and empty my compost caddy into the large compost heap! My not-so-gallant husband was too wimpy to go out into the dark and empty it!!
      YES, that is INDEED the dragon, but do you see the head of the one it is fighting!?!?x

      Delete
  3. Great post, Kezzie. I don't think Wordsworth would mind a bit! I have beauty and beasts outside my window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope he doesn't mind. I spent last week memorising his Daffodils, so I hope he appreciates that it has remained in my mind!x

      Delete
  4. Sometimes it's the simple things, isn't it? Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOoooo true Connie, so true!! Thanks x

      Delete
  5. Such a fun little poem. I just adore your mind, dear! So clever and sweet.

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shamu, that is kind coming from a great poet suchas you!

      Delete
  6. LOVE the poem! Is there no end to your many talents?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! Yes, there is a limit- I am rubbish at reading maps, following origami instructions and I can't drive!!

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed the poem and also the views from your window.
    Think my favourite one was the garden!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool poem. Loving the crane rave...poem and photo.
    Looks like the rose army was beaten back beautifully. i'm sure they'll thank you this summer.
    Outside my window I have a pile of plants in plastic bags to be planted, and a gorgeous Autumn sky!
    Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my husband and I always do beat-box rave music when we pass the Crane party, EVERY time we drive pas there!!!
      Oooh, nice sky, I'd like to see it!

      Delete
  9. I love reading your poem Kezzie. It shows you have lots of imagination and a great sense of humour. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kezzie and thanks for joining in. I really love this - what a great poem. And a blue sky is always interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new garden is lovely, despite the thorn issue.
    Always good to see a patch of deep blue in between the clouds.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy poem! I love the garden pic and the noble trees on the hill. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)