Any embellishment for cards can, I am sure, be used for an occasion other than the one for which it was intended.
I was given a late birthday present on Easter Sunday which included a Waitrose pack of little felt bunnies, Easter eggs and chicks. To be honest, I don't really make or give Easter cards, so it was unlikely I'd use these embellishments for their true purpose.
Luckily, one of my favourite blog friends is Bunny Queen Extraordinaire so I made her a card with them.
I do prefer to keep my cards simple. Most of the professional-looking ones people make nowadays have lots of details and embellishments but I somehow prefer a Spartan-simplicity!
Any of us could make a card with pretty paper strips and tiny embellishments. If you haven't given card-making a go, why not start with something simple like this.
Linking to Creative Mondays with the lovely Claire Justine
Hey you did a nice job on this, and nothing could be better the a felt bunny sticker.
ReplyDeleteAllie of ALLIENYC
www.allienyc.com
That is very adorable. The only problem is now I want to be a bunny king fantastique.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! This doesn't say Easter to me, just Spring... which it is so it fits :-)
ReplyDeleteBunny Queen Extraordinaire! I love that description and I love my card, thank you again, so, so much xxx
ReplyDeleteI love bunnies and I find this card to be absolutely adorable! You're right. Making a card isn't that difficult, so it is something anyone should try...A card can be such a sweet gift and with a few well selected words it can mean a world to someone. I have a few cards that I received that I hold so dear to my heart, they mean so much to me!
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes to cards, I think I like the simple ones too! There is something elegant about simplicity of a nice card that doesn't have too much details.
How cute are those felt bunnies. Lucky Melanie to have received such a wonderful card. xxx
ReplyDeleteIt looks so pretty, I love it.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! You have a very lucky friend x
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, I love a simple card and my designs are always super simple!
ReplyDeleteYour bunnies look perfect on your blog grass background!
ReplyDeletexo Jazzy Jack
I just returned from the market where I wanted to buy a "Congratulations" card, but they had almost nothing. So I came home knowing I would need to make my own card.... It's needed tonight so I better leave here and get busy!
ReplyDeleteHey, that looks good!
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
That's very sweet. Yeah when my Mum is watching the craft channels on TV and they add MORE and MORE layers and embellishments, it becomes apparent they are not 'postable' cards (unless sent with a gift of course), but more a 'give in person' card.
ReplyDelete