I love rainbows! Seeing all those colours combined together in beautiful harmony! What is better?
My Mum is increasingly creative in her life and she does some pretty cool things which I admire.
She crocheted me a beautiful hat for my birthday which I have yet to share (it was very innovative), made CBC some vanilla and also Christmas pudding gin for Christmas and more.
And then, this is her new creation. She calls it a meditation cushion.
The top is made of an increasing sized set of crocheted flowers.The base is this normal crochet (I say normal, but you know what I mean)
It looks rather like some wonderful technicolour fairy cake! I believe she worked out the design for herself.
Happily, she won a first for the Crochet class in her local town Craft show! I'm not surprised.
The best part is not visible. Like me, she likes to try and recycle as much as she can. Inside, it is stuffed with that polystyrene packing, the ones that look like pasta pieces, as you can't recycle them so she thought she'd find a use for them! Brilliant!!!
xxx
Love that cushion, it is so pretty, and what a great idea for the stuffing.
ReplyDeleteI love rainbows too! I still remember the rhyme from my school days. "Richard of York gave battle in vane" Red, Orange Yellow, Green, Blue Indigo and Violet.
Julie xxxxxxxxx
Yes, me too, Julie!!!
DeleteI loved the idea!
That is wonderful. Wish I could make one but alas! No crocheting skills! x
ReplyDeleteI wish the same- I am hopeless at anything to do with thread!
DeleteYour clever mum, that's so lovely!
ReplyDeleteShe's very clever, thank you!
DeleteWhen I saw the photo I thought it was a brooch but I love it even more now I know it's a cushion. Your mum is very talented in the craft department.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
It would make a lovely brooch, wouldn't it!!! She's very good!
DeleteI love your flowery rainbow pillow. What a creative mom you have with cakes decorations, crocheted pillow and many more things, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
JB
She loves to be creative, especially now she doesn't have a regular job!
DeleteIt's beautiful. The older I get the more I like lots of colour around me. I could never live in one of those white minimalist houses. X
ReplyDeleteMe too- I'd go mad!!
DeleteShe deserved to win - it's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I agree!
DeleteWow this is beautiful, glad to here she won :) Hope your having a lovely weekend Kezzie x
ReplyDeleteThanks Claire! I was very pleased for her!
DeleteI am thank you, hope you are too!x
Love it! I can see where your creativity comes from!
ReplyDeleteHa, she's much better than me!
DeleteMy second rainbow of the day. I saw one in the sky this morning. Your mom is a genius. I love this!!
ReplyDeleteOooh, how lovely Connie! No rainbows here, just sun (with a chill wind!) x
DeleteBeautiful work and the colours are hip hop happy! Your mum has reminded me to tackle a long forgotten crochet lap blanket :-) xx
ReplyDeleteYes, the colours are great aren't they!! Ha, get on with your blanket immediately Sandra!x
DeleteLovely work. she deserved to win ...
ReplyDeleteFor me it was ROY G BIV - don't ask me why I can't remember now but it works!
Red, Orange Yellow, Green, Blue Indigo and Violet.
Hope the new week goes well
All the best Jan
She came up with that one her own? Brilliant! What a lovely piece, so creative and beautiful. Might be the second prettiest thing she ever had a hand in creating :)
ReplyDeleteI love the colours of that cushion, Kezzie, and those flowers are just genious. Congratulations to your mum. xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm a big fan of rainbows, I find them captivating and amazing. I adore the bright colours in this and I love that she found a use for an otherwise 'waste' material.
ReplyDeleteHow clever! This is very pretty xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a clever idea for the stuffing! And the cushion looks amazing. Well done your talented mum!
ReplyDeleteThis cushion is lovely! And perfect for you seeing as you love rainbow colours, how lovely of your mum! I've never thought to polystyrene inside a cushion, does it make much noise? :) xx
ReplyDeleteYour mother really is creative.. what a lovely colored cushion! I love your post label..Mummykins :) so sweet! It's so nice to read your posts. You seem to be having such a happy time!
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you.. xo
This is lovely - your mum is talented, I wish I had the patience for crochet!
ReplyDelete