I cannot resist a good lucky dip box!! I've bought them from Punkypins, Goodnight Boutique, Ladybird Likes and I've always found them really great value.
I was looking on Etsy recently and I discovered Fable and Black who make wonderful contemporary-looking book-themed badges, brooches, cards, tote-bags, jewellery and prints.
They have Lucky Dip boxes which cost either £10 (for £20 worth of products) or £20 for £40 worth of products. I decided to give one of them a go and ordered. The postage was free so it seemed a fun idea.When it turned up,I was super excited to open it!
The Drink tea and Read Books is right up my street and I LOVE the Sherlock Quote 'I'm a high functioning Sociopath'. The 'I'd rather be a mermaid' keyring is not so much me but it is still nice!
The next item was a book locket ring. It is very pretty even though it got a little squashed in transit. I'm not really a ring wearer so I won't be wearing it but it is still sweet!
Two cards with the same Tea quote and a Tolkein quote card look decently made and very bright and fun fonts.
The C.S. Lews book marks suits me down to a tee. The little mini print is sweet.
Finally,the last item was a Tolkein quote note book.
All the items were well made and robust with good quality materials. I'd consider buying one of these for a book-loving friend! All in all, it was quite good value.
If you wanted to buy one, get in there quick because Fable and Black are giving you 25% off everything until the end of April (I think) with the code BDSale as it is their birthday month!!!
With the Lucky dip box being £10 normally, it's an absolute bargain at £7.50 AND free postage!!
xxx
It does seem like a great box! I certainly loved everything in contains. Those brooches are so pretty and that ring is very sweet as well.
ReplyDeleteAnything Tolkien related has a plus in my book, so I did really liked that card and that notebook. Not all who wonder are lost is one of my all time fav quotes.
Oh wow! This is such a lovely idea! I love everything you received! The Tolkein quote notebook is so cool. :)
ReplyDeleteHow cute! The mermaid badge is so Ally! xxx
ReplyDeleteOh wow, this looks AMAZING! Well, of course it does... it's book themed! I'm going to browse the shop right now! Hopefully they deliver to Switzerland!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't wear a book locket ring, but aa a necklace it would be fantastic!
You're a bad influence - I ordered a lucky dip box!
DeleteI recognize the book brooch I've admired in another post. It's seems like a bargain, with free shipping and lots of interesting things. It's a really lovely box.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet little treat! The locket ring is lovely, I like Bevchen's idea to wear it as a necklace. xxx
ReplyDeleteOoh, these are lovely! I've never done a lucky dip, but these items are great & I'm quite tempted.
ReplyDeletehow lovely! can you make the ring into a brooch?
ReplyDeleteOh I love this, will definitely be getting one of these for a friend (possible even myself as everything you got was so cute!) Thanks for introducing me to another great Etsy seller. I love the little book ring, I like Hazel's idea for that one for yourself too. - Tasha
ReplyDeleteOh, this is a wonderful idea and had some great items! x
ReplyDeleteThis is a new thing for me. I've never come across it before, so thanks for sharing. If you need to get rid of the Mermaid keyring I know of a mad sea swimmer who might help you out...
ReplyDeleteAnna x
Lovely collection of items. Just FYI, where I come from a dip box would be a crate of Skoal chewing tobacco aka a snuff or chaw box. I like yours better
ReplyDeleteThis looks really fun! I love the mermaid keyring (obviously) and my not-so-secret inner typography nerd is loving the fonts they've chosen on pretty much everything :) xxx
ReplyDeleteDrink tea and read books is my favourite :-)
ReplyDeleteNice things, all in all, and I can see myself wearing the Sherlock quote badge :-) xxx
ReplyDeleteI really like the idea of a lucky dip box, though I think I probably wouldn't use most of the things in this one. I still remember the lucky dip at Forum books and am going to have a go if we do manage to call into Corbridge. x
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of lucky dip boxes, I adore buying 'blind bag' things, something about the mystery (even if it is even harder to find a complete set of something if you are collecting).
ReplyDeleteThanks for the heads up, I've just ordered one! I'm actually really the worst person for lucky dip type things, as I'm so fussy, but this looks like an amazing selection so fingers crossed!
ReplyDelete