Bizarrely, the comedy duo, Hale and Pace comes to my mind when I think of Tiffany lamps. The first time I heard the term was in some programme when I was a teenager in which Hale and Pace were challenged to design their own Catwalk couture collection. They took inspiration from Tiffany lamps with the buttons they chose to adorn their pin-striped ladies' suits. They were Tiffany-like in their make-up. They also embroidered squiggles on their lapels. The suit came in red and black. Funny what you remember eh?

Anyway, this neatly (or not so neatly) segues me into this week's Style Imitating Art with new host Erin. She chose this exquisite roof from the library of the Chicago Cultural Centre in celebration of National Library week in the U.S.

It is beautiful!!!
I decided to start with the criss-cross pattern as my basis and wore this dress (bought in Nottinghill in October for my Clara Oswald 'Under the Lake' cosplay') which sort of had the pattern in reverse.
I added the red cardie and shoes as a nod to the colour in the second picture.
And took the cardie off for to represent the picture where the red wasn't obvious.
The final touch was this vintage brooch (charity-shopped last April) which I really felt represented that central intricate decoration.
How would you have interpreted this?
xxx
The art gallery in Dan's hometown houses a collection of Tiffany glass gifted to the people of the town by Joseph Briggs who worked for the company. Accrington isn't necessarily a tourist destination, but it's such a delight to have the unexpected gorgeousness!
ReplyDeleteWoo, that ceiling is divine! How pretty is your brooch! xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure how I would've interpreted this, but think you've got it spot on!
ReplyDeleteSmart! I really love the red shoes. Yay for Library Week!
ReplyDeleteI never quite know what to say about your costume posts...I have nothing to add to the discussion, really, save that you look lovely as always.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful ceiling shots, and gorgeous outfit, those shoes are so cute! Love the brooch, and can just about understand what you are getting at (and you've interpreted it well as far as I'm concerned!) but it's all way over my head, not arty at all.
ReplyDeleteCharmingly lovely outfit. I really, really like your gorgeous blue rhinestone brooch. What a chic accessory to top of this fun springtime look with.
ReplyDelete♥ Jessica
Wow what a ceiling! Is that star sign symbols in the 2nd photo? I can pick some out, but there's more than 12! I think you perfectly replicated it.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE how you have mirrored that ceiling in your outfit, right down to the brooch. I would faint (in a good way) to have a library ceiling as opulent as that!
ReplyDeleteYou'd done a fabulous job with your interpretation and what fabulous inspiration that ceiling is - better than mine, festoned with cobwebs! xxx
ReplyDeleteGreat selection of photo's and to finish with that blue brooch, well done.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Oh wow! You did a fabulous job! I love how you interpreted it! Your dress is perfect, and your brooch is just gorgeous! :)
ReplyDelete~Lindsey
have-clothes-will-travel.com
I love your brooches ❤️ Xx
ReplyDeleteYour interpretation is perfect! I love the geometric print and the "dome" of that brooch.
ReplyDeleteAnother first for you, dear. Never seen anyone copy a roof into an outfit before. A tool shed, sure, but never a roof. You did a great job. That pattern on the top is fantastic on your figure. The flowers and red shoes add some fun to it and those tights add some wow for me! Enjoyed these shots so very much, lovely finish to my night :)
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love your dress! Perfect interpretation :-)
ReplyDeleteI will try to get more New Zealand up today. Work went crazy this week :-/
That ceiling is just amazing! You did well with your interpretation. Love the dress, by the way, and the brooch, obviously. xxx
ReplyDeleteLove the dress, the flowers makes it look so pretty. x
ReplyDeleteI love how you interpreted this! Your dress is so pretty and it looks lovely on you! :) xx
ReplyDeleteLove the dress you picked for this Kezzie, it's a great match - definitely has that pattern in reverse, very cool. Always enjoy these! - Tasha
ReplyDeletewow, that dress is so cute...and I like the colourful cardi you paired it with. Very feminine and beautiful outfit. You look absolutely perfect.
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning ceiling.
ReplyDeleteYour outfit is a great interpretation. Love the sparkly brooch.
Lisa x