There's a land that I've heard of.
The garden becomes so beautiful in Spring after the April showers.
All the colours crisp, distinct, vibrant, varied, strong and beautiful.
Everything is anew, washed, hopeful and full of life.
Every little aspect is precious and unique.
It never fails to amaze me, each and every year.
Spring is by far my favourite season.
It really is a place of dreams.
Today seemed a long day. Bar-graphs seemed an impossible concept to grasp and talking seemed the only thing my children wanted to do. Fridays are such hard work especially with such an antsy-class as mine! They've been difficult since they were in Year 1. I dreaded music lessons with them even then! You can always tell when a class is going to be 'lively'! But it's the weekend and I have a weekend of Brahms Symphony no.3 and other orchestral delights to look forward to. Plus the opportunity to see my Dad- a rare delight! There's always hope on the horizon! I am always so happy when it's the weekend as we all are.
I decided to wear my thrifted vintage M&S madras check dress again like I did a few weeks ago but decided to try and wear it in a different way! (yay, the ubiquitous blogger remix). Here's how I wore it last time! Worn with New Look daisy-top, Primark blue pumps bought for Lindy-hopping, Claire's necklace and bracelet and recently-mended, childhood favourite purple parrot earrings.
Hope you are well and happy!
Could you be any cuter??? This dress is so cute and I love it with the top! And I love your necklace. I pretty much just want to steal the whole thing!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend my dear!
Oh I love your beads and skirt. Bluebells and snowdrops are my favourite flowers. Ambling through bluebell meadows is my idea of heaven x
ReplyDeleteWe cycled through Bluebell woods last week and it was gorgeous! There's something magical about them isn't there!
ReplyDeletei love spring so much! the smell of lilacs and apple blossoms are among my favorites! as for my hair...i wish i could help you. i watched a youtube video on "how to fake a bob" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P12ztriVN_Y)
ReplyDeleteand i used many, many bobby pins. basically i pinned it all in the back, tucked under my hair. it didn't look so hot from the back!! happy friday, have a great weekend!
Chat to your dad about electron valency for me!
ReplyDeleteokay, i absoluetly adore that top! so very cute. and the madras skirt is fab. i have a madras skirt that i love and you're inspiring me to wear it. have a wonderful weekend!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://spinning-threads.blogspot.com
hey lovely! thanks so much for the comment you left me. I am loving your blog here and I am following you now so I don't miss anything!
ReplyDeleteLove Amie
www.creditcrunchchic.com
really like the colours going on here :) x
ReplyDelete