Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dial "K" for Kezzie!

 Hello!  This outfit is inspired by one of my favourite bloggers, the lovely Dial V for Vintage! She wears a range of pretty vintage outfits and shows a range of lovely film stills from classic movies for outfit inspiration and shows her clothing projects!  She's fabulous, so if you haven't, go and check her out!   She wore an outfit with braces and a black skirt which I thought was brilliant! It's here so you can see my inspiration
 I bought both the George skirt (with braces) and the Warehouse pussy-bow blouse last week in the Salvation army charity shop which I was pretty pleased about when I found them!
Worn with red tescos tights and Primark polka-dot pumps and headband.  I have to say, braces are a really nice way to keep a skirt in place. Much more comfy than a belt!
 There was much mockery and hilarity at school. CBC called me Dorothy!  My deputy-head said, "Well this is an outfit and a half!" and "Little girl lost" was another rejoinder! I don't mind!  What I wear often provokes a reaction, why not mockery!
 The weekend has been really delightful so far!
On Friday night, I nipped along to choir practice, late as I have been coughing a lot, but it was lovely to see everyone and we always have much fun and hilarity!

CBC came round and I cooked him Thai Green curry, which was fine except that I used a different brand of paste which we could barely taste, alas! 
We watched the rest of Les Demoiselles de Rochefort, which I had discovered on Miss Dial V for Vintage's blog and knew that CBC and I would love!!! It's brilliant and I have been humming and whistling the two catchiest songs ALL day today!! It's a wonderful French musical with Gene Kelly and Catherine Deneuve and her sister Francoise Dorleac!  It's a 60's extravaganze of colour, big band magic, great costumes and brilliant songs with a plot that would rival Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors!  Here is Miss Dial V's review of it and some stills.
Saturday morning, I did some washing and reading and something or other that seemed to take up until 1pm!!! It was nice to chill and tidy a bit! I do like Down time!
I then nipped into town to take some bags of stuff to charity shops and somehow came out with a really nice white Broderie anglaise midi-shirt dress and a floral silk cardie and went to my Mum's where I ate her delicious lavender biscuits! My Mum is a genius in the baking department in recent years, like she was when I was very young!
CBC met me there and then we drove to his where we took a lesiurely cycle through the woods.  It was a sheer pleasure to be out in the glorious sunshine, through dappled woods, vibrant yellow fields and emerald plains and to feel the cool air whistling through my ears and tousling my hair!

We returned rather too late to make it worth while going up to London for the Saturday night swing club which we'd planned to go to, to practice our Lindy, so instead we've relaxed and eaten an amazing feast that CBC prepared!  6 types of vegetable- fennel, purple-sprouting broccili, pak choi, tomatoes, spinach, chinese leaf cabbage, green beans and a Pie minister Heidi pie plus salmon!  A repast fit for a King.

Despite the not feeling well, I feel content.  Tis a lovely feeling.

How are you doing?

9 comments:

  1. You really made my day with your lovely post and your outfit inspired by me!! I am so honoured! :) The skirt looks so nice on you, and I love that blouse and the red tights of course! ♥ I'm happy you both enjoyed Les Demoiselles de Rochefort, and yes, those songs are so catchy, when I watch that movie I can't get them out of my head for like, weeks! :D. I hope you're having a wonderful sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit!
    You have been busy but you sound like your having so much fun.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like.you belong in the sound of music in that outfit. Very cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. skirt + braces are such a winning combination xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab outfit and a great sounding weekend. Miss V is a very stylish lady and great inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kezzie you look soooo cute! i love the outfit, it's so fun. It makes me happy to see you like this!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look absolutely cute! So girlish and pretty. You also look like you just walked out from a page a fairy tale story, very whimsical look. I love the red tights. You weekend sounds pretty productive, I can never do so many things on a weekend, I caught myself lying on the sofa mots of theh time..haha..And your meals always sounds so healthy. I love all the vege!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to squeeze you. You're that adorable.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I love this on you. I will definitely have to check out Miss V when I catch up with everyone else!



    ***Ta-dah! Tuesday tomorrow - link up your amazing makes, fabulous finds and outrageous outfits!***

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)