Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Rainbow Brite Part 1

If there's one thing I have always loved more than anything it's a good rainbow!!!  In any form!  Anything rainbowy and I'm there.  As a child, my mother despaired of me because my best friend in the Infants at school, Claire and I, used to spend our whole lunchtimes and breaktimes searching for shiny, rainbowy stones.  And then we would fill the pockets of our blue checked dresses and they would subsequently break washing machines!



To this day, I am mesmerised by rainbowy items (probably why I spent so long looking for 'multicoloured during the April Scavenger Hunt). I have 2 childhood memories pertaining to rainbows which I will share at some point, got to rush out 5 minutes ago, but they hinge on rainbows and I always look on them fondly.

Rainbow Brite, wasn't she great?  I loved her and I loved her outfit!  Why oh why don't they do adult-sized stripy rainbow tights in wool!  I would buy them in abundance!

Anyway, the spending ban, post Lent, is totally shot!  I just caved in on Saturday and visited the charity shops and Debenhams!!
One item I found in the PDSA shop, was this lovely vintage M&S rainbow checked dress.  It's actually a size 14, but somehow I can get away with it, especially if I wear it as a skirt like this!  It made me so happy swishing around in it in school today! (Until I caught it on the computer station and snagged it!)

I wore it with a black top also thrifted on Saturday and this lovely pink scarf I've had for ages!

Accessorised with Cath Kidston sweetie-inspired necklace, H&M beret, rainbow bracelets from Claire's and Secret Santa respectively, Red or Dead Lovebirds, Primark belt and pink parrot earrings.

Wearing rainbow made me happy all day!!! It was also cheery for fellow optimistics!

Hope you are all well!

Take care.

Linking up to Meagan's Thursdays are for thrifters

7 comments:

  1. This post is making me so happy! I love this outfit, especially the beautiful plaid skirt! I'm all about color right now, so this is just awesome! You just look so cute.

    Oh and huge Rainbow Brite fan over here. I dressed up as her for Halloween a couple of years ago and I have the anniversary version of the doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit. Everything about it. I want that dress, those shoes and those beads! I had a Patty O'Green but never a Rainbow Brite. I get so excited about Rainbow Brite stuff now. Even more than when I was a kid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. never heard of Rainbow Brite, will have to Google...
    I do love your dress-worn-as-a-skirt, the colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is my favourite outfit of yours ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cheery outfit! That Madras check frock is lovely on you, the pink and red accessories top it off a treat. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mummykins2:42 pm

    If you want rainbow, you should see the blanket I am making in crochet for Kaitlyn. So far it's taken about 20 hours and is only about 40 cms long so far. I reckon it's going to take in excess of 100 hours to make. Probably a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very sweet!

    wanna follow each other?

    xoxo

    www.kalancea.com

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)