Monday, March 09, 2020

The peace and the stillness

Lent is a time of preparation.  Preparing for Easter.   I've not been the most sensible or thoughtful in preparation for Lent so far.  Somehow, I have had my absolute busiest stretch of life since Lent began.  I agreed to play for 3 different orchestras, plus a choir and a gamelan concert. I've had late-night events with school, I've had and have rehearsals and concerts galore.  And it isn't conducive to preparing for Easter.  As I get busier and busier, I feel the peace ebbing away from me.  Every night last week, with the exception of Friday (and I did go out for dinner and got back after 11pm), I haven't returned home from work or school before 10:20pm. Wednesday night was 1.30am.  Lent is a time of preparation but I've learnt this week, it must have peace. It must have stillness.  There's no time for Jesus, no time for him if I don't actually stop apart from sheer tiredness and sleep.

Don't take on too much in Lent!

"Be still and know that I am God."


I apologise for this being short!  More next week.
x



8 comments:

  1. Dearest Kezzie, do try to slow down. You must let yourself rest. Take time out with CBC. Stop and look at the daffodils. You know what you need... We love you, and we don't want you to burn out xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to write yourself a blog post. And fitting that it was short, so you could perhaps have a few more moments before falling asleep, to have that peace. God bless you, Dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very concerned when you wrote about all your commitments; it's sounding like you are working flat out on multiple projects. It's ok to say no and to be selective about where to spend your time. Please take care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gamelan!!!! Who could resist! I lived in Indonesia in the early 70s as a teenager and fell in love with the sound, even went to Bali. I can fully understand how you can get hooked into so many exciting projects... Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew, I'm just worn out reading about all your activities. Hope you manage to catch up on some much needed rest time at some point over the weekend. A gentle reminder, 'Unless the Lord builds a house you labour in vain,'a reminder as much for me as well as you dear friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just reading about everything you've been doing, and your constant late nights, is making me feel exhausted, so I can only imagine how exhausted you must be. Do take the time to quiet down and relax, Kezzie. Whether you observe Lent or not, keeping all those plates up in the air isn't beneficial for your health. Sending hugs over from Belgium! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you should slow down a bit. Taking on too much responsibilities and roles can drain us, even if it is the kind of work we enjoy. We cannot do everything, there is a limited amount of energy we can all give, no matter how much we want to be a part of everything, we cannot say yes to every project. Remember to take time to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rest should be valued far more than it actually is. I hope you get some time soon to rest and just be still.
    Take care
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)