Thursday, March 05, 2020

TARDIS Tuesday- Petronella Osgood/Zygella in the Zygon Inversion end and the 7th Doctor

Hello there!

I hope you are well!

Welcome to another episode of TARDIS Tuesday!!! After enjoying dressing up as Doctor-fan Petronella Osgood a few weeks ago, I thought it would be fun to dress up as her again!
The good thing about Osgood is that you get  Two for one outfit because her outfits are invariably based on one of the Doctor's outfits!

The outfit in question this time is the final outfit that Osgood wears in The Zygon Inversion.  Last time, I featured the outfit she wears throughout the episode. 
At the end, we discover that Osgood has a new identical twin sister.  Zygella, the renegade Zygon, who causes all the trouble, needs a new identity.  So she becomes Osgood's twin.  But which one is which?  We don't know!
Image result for osgood zygon inversion dufflec coat
http://doctorwhoworlduk.com/osgood
She wears a tan Montgomery duffle-coat along with the Seventh Doctor's trademark Question Mark tanktop.  Underneath it, she wears a ditsy floral shirt, a red paisley tie and a red paisley scarf.  On her bottom half, it is hard to see what she is wearing but the source picture below suggests she wears her blue corduroy trousers and walking shoes.  Her hair is worn tied back with her black-framed glasses.
Image result for osgood zygon inversion dufflec coat
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/34174-s09e08-the-zygon-inversion/page/2/
On her bottom half, it is hard to see what she is wearing but the source picture below suggests she wears her blue corduroy trousers and walking shoes.  Her hair is worn tied back with her black-framed glasses.

http://www.12thdoctorcostume.com/2015/11/doctor-who-festival-props-and-costume.html
And, I do not lie, as you can see below- Sylvester McCoy's Seventh Doctor wore an outfit very similar!
Image result for osgood zygon inversion dufflec coat
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/34174-s09e08-the-zygon-inversion/page/2/

And here's me.


You will have seen this tank top back in 2016 as I wore it for a Seventh Doctor outfit. I bought it at the Doctor Who Exhibition when we visited as it was on Special offer.
With it, I teamed a white shirt and wore one of CBC's paisley ties.
My green corduroy Laura Ashley trousers feature for Osgood again as they are the right shape.  On top, I am wearing a very similar tan Duffle coat.  and my trusty specs!

I wore this outfit for school without the tie as I couldn't seem to get it tied properly!  The children like the question marks!

It's a fun yet cosy outfit for a Winter's day.

x

7 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic outfit, brilliant match!
    I can't master ties either - my all girls' school didn't have them as part of the uniform. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful outfit, Kezzie! That question mark tank top is brilliant! I've got quite a few tie collar dresses, but I never knew how to knot them adequately until Jos taught me. You can never unlearn it once you've got it mastered! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that tank top, super quirky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this outfit!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's got to be the most uncanny resemblance yet! Brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cute outfit. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad taught me how to tie neckties back in the 80s when I took his unworn ones and added them to my own wardrobe. I can only do a simple knot, though, nothing complicated. There are some excellent tutorials out there on YouTube!

    I love your outfit - that sweater-vest (as we would call it - a tank top here is a top similar to an undershirt but worn for a beachy look) is so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)