Tuesday, March 10, 2020

TARDIS Tuesday outfit - Clara in the Day of the Doctor

Hi there!
Hope you are well.
Today's TARDIS Tuesday is one that I've done before but not in its winter form!  Here, is my Summer version.

It is worn by Clara Oswald in the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special- The Day of the Doctor.

Clara dons a red and white floral button down (very 90's) dress from River Island.  With it she wears her trademark black opaque tights, a pair of black Topshop ankle boots and on top a black Belstaff Biker jacket.  Oh, and a cute little Horseshoe necklace.  Her hair is loose and flowing.


Image result for day of the doctor clara
Image borrowed from this Pinterest
Image result for day of the doctor clara
Image borrowed from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/339881103102661537/



And here's my Winter version.




I'll start with the dress which is the same as it was last time. It's the screen-accurate dress and it took many months of seeing one on eBay, stalking it and it getting too expensive.  This one, I was camping in Lake Ullswater in the Lake District and this dress was ending. I was in a pub eating dinner with CBC and brother trying to sneakily bid on this whilst eating dinner.  Luckily, I managed to get it under £15 and CBC didn't realise what I was up to!  However, such is the danger of eBay bidding!  It's not really worth £13 or however much I paid for it!
My tiny horseshoe necklace is an alternative one I bought on eBay.  My boots are another pair of Clara boots that I've worn for other outfits here before (Sophie always admires them!)   My jacket is actually a Barbour jacket which I bought second-hand. It's actually from another Clara outfit but it's good enough as I don't really have any desire to buy a jacket like the one in the picture!
The entire outfit was bought second-hand.

It's a comfy outfit.  Smart and cute and the jacket is practical!  Might want to wear a cardigan underneath it though....which I did!

What do you think?  Did you ever wear a button down dress like this in the 90's?  I had a lovely black floral one that was super similar!

xx

9 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I had a bunch of dresses like this in the 90s, which I wore with black bicycle shorts (!! it was the style!) and black ankle boots. It's funny to see those styles come back!

    Great job on replicating this outfit, Kezzie! That price doesn't seem too bad for the dress, but I get what you mean about cheaply made garments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dark blue one. I loved it and wore it all the time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I was just thinking how much I liked those boots!!! Really lovely outfit and what a nice jacket too. Yep, I had a button down dress in the 90's. Classic!
    Looking lovely, Kezzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very cute dress. You look great in it, it suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is cute, and I remember having a couple of similar dresses back in the 90s, although I never wore mine that short. But that's probably because I am not very tall :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely outfit! That screen accurate dress looks lovely on you. It is such a cute combo, very reminiscent of the nineties. The boots and the jacket are very cute as well. So great you were able to bit on this dress...and so lovely you were doing it while camping in Lake District. I hope to visit Lake District some day. I think I deserve it for reading all the works by William Wordsworth and Samuel Taylor Coleridge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress hangs a lot better than the inspiration - Clara's hemline is horrible!
    A lovely outfit, you really suit red. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a button down that I wear in the garden in the summer (it never gets seen in public as it's rather skimpy. I see people with more flesh on show but I'm not inclined to reveal too much just because the sun it out).
    Anyway, I like this outfit (and the boots!).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you understand there is a 12 word sentence you can tell your partner... that will induce intense emotions of love and instinctual attractiveness to you buried within his chest?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, admire and look after you with his entire heart...

    12 Words That Trigger A Man's Desire Response

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's genetics that it will drive him to work better than before to love and admire you.

    Matter of fact, fueling this dominant impulse is absolutely essential to getting the best possible relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll immediately notice him expose his soul and heart to you in a way he haven't expressed before and he will distinguish you as the one and only woman in the world who has ever truly fascinated him.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)