The last time we were in Northumberland at February Half term, one day, CBC and I drove to Allendale, a really vibrant remote town a distance from Hexham. We've spent new year there before for the tar barrel burning but I've not been there since.
We were hoping to go to the Museum of Classic Sci-Fi to see the Allendalek which has courted controversy in the last year or so.
Alas, the museum was closed that day but since we were there, we went into the Forge cafe to eat lunch and look at some artwork. To our delight, we saw this beautiful Stained glass piece which is of the Allendalek. The museum is actually just behind the stained glass Dalek.
Here's hoping we get to see it the next time we are in Northumberland.
xx
What an amazing window. I am a huge fan of stained glass.
ReplyDeleteArilx
Lovely window. So colourful.
ReplyDeleteThat's a fantastic window, love a bit of stained glass! x
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool!
ReplyDeleteWrite it on a piece of paper and make a list of all the things you want to do when this is over. My sister in law is doing the same - top of their list is going to feed the ducks! :)
ReplyDeletexx
That is very cool!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea this museum even existed! I want to go there now.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea there is a Museum of Classic Sci-Fi! I'm not into SF, but I'd love to visit it.
ReplyDeleteThat's easily one of the most amazing pieces of stained glass I've ever seen! xxx
ReplyDeleteOooo I love that stained glass sooo much!
ReplyDelete