Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Mustard and olive vibes

Hello there,
I am sorry about 3 days of outfits and brooches in a row, but really I have more important things to write-about nobler causes and also my  Cruise writeups to finish and they take me so long so I habitually put them off. Terrible really.

I thought I'd share an outfit from Saturday when we were going for more house-viewings (We put in an offer for one- was rejected) and then headed up to London (the night of the hideous grid-lock) 

I do think this is a typically autumnal look. It reminds me somewhat of the lovely Donna at Polka Dot Pink who frequently pairs mustard with a navy pattern, often being polka dots!
This week so far, aside from Monday's awful day (all was fine until after school meeting) has been quite a positive one. I've been pleased with the lessons I've taught, including the three most notoriously difficult classes.  Pre this term, I DREADED teaching Tudor Dance to one class but on the whole, they have totally got on board with it and really enjoyed it. I applied for a music scholarship for one of my pupils last year and discovered she got it which is fabulous, my choir rehearsal was deficient in about 15 pupils who are away on Residential but the 13 I had made a brilliant sound so that was positive. CBC made me dinner tonight ('tis a rare occurrence nowadays which is a shame as he is a great cook), we had a String Quintet recital today which is always a delight, I managed to get all the Nativity scripts printed, annotated and highlighted for staff and pupils and meticulously broken down parts on a big grid so feeling rather smug and organised.   So lots of good things after a gloomy start to the week.

CBC has made me consent to going to watch Spamalot with his school tomorrow which I'm a little grumpy about as teenagers make me feel awkward but hopefully the show will be good. Apparently, his non-music colleagues keep wondering why I never come to anything (er- I play in the music concerts!!!!!!) so I'm being dragged along.  Hopefully should be fine...

Outfit:
Dress: Louche at Joy (was FREE with a purchase)
Mustard Cardigan: White Stuff (Christmas gift from J and WOMOTM)
Leggings: Primark.
Teal Boots: The Doc Marten store.
Beret:  Nottinghill
Necklace: Tatty Devine
Dorothy Brooch: Goodnight Boutique on Etsy


Right, I'm off to read some Terry Pratchett and NOT eat any more Fudge!

xx

39 comments:

  1. It is the quintessential autumn outfit! And kinda makes me miss my mustard cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks. And you need another one!

      Delete
  2. Cute outfit, Kezzie! I love mustard colors paired with navy. And so glad to hear your classes are going well, and your student received the scholarship - that's fantastic! Hope you enjoy the show tomorrow. :)

    ~Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your offer was rejected. I hope you'll find the perfect house soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, am sure we will find something!

      Delete
  4. I'm of such an agricultural mindset the last week, I thought from the title that your post would be about trees and flowers :-) And it kind of is, because you are still as pretty as a flower, and imitating the autumnal colors of the trees and sky. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes, not sure why I made such a thing of the olive- my hat is barely visible! Thank yoU!

      Delete
  5. Love your outfit.
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Navy and mustard is a great trend right now. I absolutely love that polka dots dress, it looks great on you and pairing it with that mustard cardigan was a good call.

    Plus, how sweet is that necklace!!!!

    I hope you'll have fun watching Spamalot:)...sometimes we end up even enjoying things we're dragged at:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think the combination is a good one. I LOVED Spamalot in the end! First half, not so much. Second half was hilarious!

      Delete
  7. Mustard is always a good choice in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about the offer, hopefully it's happened for a reason and the ideal house is waiting for you very soon.
    You really suit those colours and your hair is looking particularly lovely.
    Have a great night out, sometimes the things you least look forward to are the most fun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, we'll get something,not to worry!
      Thank you! I suspect hair looked nice because it was newly washed!

      Delete
  9. Love your dress sense! I am currently wearing a mustard-ish jumper with a comfy navy cord skirt courtesy of Mr Sainsbury!! That place is my go to shopping joint, easy to park and open in the evening once the littlest is in bed :-) Glad to read that your week has improved and here's hoping you find a house quite soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TU at Sainsbury's is a BRILLIANT place to shop! I love so many of their items!! Thank you, that is a compliment!

      Delete
  10. Navy blue and mustard is my absolute favourite combination, and all the better if it features polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes, that is SUCH a Janet combo!

      Delete
  11. Love, love, love this cardigan - mustard is one of my favourite autumn colours. I do hope that you have some success with the house hunting soon. My friend spent about two years chasing houses and then one day when she and her husband were visiting St Ives they were passing a pretty church when she felt the compulsion to dodge inside. It was quiet and very beautiful and inspired her to say a silent prayer to ask for the "right house" to come along. Within a week it turned up. She's been living in her dream house, in her dream location for about a year now.
    I think about you often Kezzie and remember our day together on Tresco with great fondness. Take care my lovely x
    Anna
    www.annasislandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a GREAT unexpected Christmas present, if a little itchy if not worn with something long-sleeved! I am a terrible one for getting itchy with wool combinations!
      Her prayer sounds a good one. I should indeed pray about it!
      I really would love to return asap to Tresco and the Scillies!

      Delete
  12. Don't those colours work well together ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmmm. Fudge!
    It always tastes so good but then I feel awful.
    I hope you have fun at CBC's school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm indeed. All gone now! YES, I always eat too much!

      Delete
  14. No, eat the fudge! It'll go off ;)
    I hope you enjoyed Spamalot, huge groups of teens make me uncomfortable too, not that I have much cause to find myself in their company.
    What great news on the music scholarship! that must feel very rewarding.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, whatever you bad influence!
      I really am not comfortable around teens. Luckily my husband doesn't listen to my questions so when I asked if it was students and teachers, he misheard and it turned out only to be teachers! Hurrah!

      Delete
    2. oh that's good news! right, I'm going to cook supper and then come back to read your epic Speke Hall post...

      Delete
  15. Hope you enjoyed your night out, Kezzie. I love the mustard and navy combination. Now why didn't I think of it before? I'm so going to steal this from you and Donna ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I bet you've worn it !You are the queen of colour!

      Delete
  16. I love this outfit Kezzie, the mustard shade is lovely and perfect for this time of year, and it goes beautifully with the dress. I'm glad to hear that your work has started to get a little better and that things are improving, here's hoping it stays that way! And good luck with all of the house hunting too, I know how difficult that was! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute outfit, I love your cardigan! You have a great blog, would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bought a mustard cardi to wear with navy, it's such a wonderful combo.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the fall colors in this look, Kezzie! The emerald beanie is perfect with the mustard cardi and navy dress. And the dark green books really round out the look!

    Huge congrats to the student who received the scholarship. I hope the week keeps looking up--best of luck with the house search!

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily! I can imagine you in this combination!
      She's a violinist, so I hope it helps her to go far. She is very naturally musical!

      Delete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)