Monday, October 03, 2016

Musical Flowers


In a bid to keep things varied here, I thought I'd share a recent card I made.  I mentioned the Choir concert I took part in on Saturday.  It went extremely well and was greatly enjoyable.  

A collection for flowers for Pam, our conductor was made and I offered to make a card to accompany it. I knew I wanted to make use of music notation but could I find any anywhere??? Nope!
So I had to cut up a piece of music I wasn't supposed to!

My beloved X-cut flower punch made another appearance alongside some darling lavender-coloured buttons I got in a job lot from a charity shop 10 years ago when I was making puppets with my year 2's on my PGCE placement. I must have been given about 1000 buttons for about £2! I've shared them out with people over the years but still have a fair few!

The outline stickers and Martha Stewart punch added some detail with some little adhesive gems from the Works.

If you want to create an embossed effect on card, you just need a bit of funky foam and an embossing stylus. I just drew these spirals free-hand.
The card needed stiffening up so I added a piece of lilac card underneath. This was recycled from an Export License for a violin when I used to work at the Academy. Each one would come with a lilac piece of backing-card so I used to carefully take the backing off!!

I am pleased to say she really liked the card!

Hurrah!

Have you made any cards recently?

Linking to Claire Justine's Creative Mondays!

x

12 comments:

  1. Very cute! How nice of you, Kezzie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kezzie, it's Mike (the huge SIA participant!). Remember when you asked me on Salazar's blog if I had a blog? And as I stated, I do, though it is a private blog for the time being. Taking a bit of a risk here, but if you'd like to follow it, you can check it out here: https://postcardpurposes.wordpress.com/

    I think I only have 1 follower so far (if I'm looking at the blog stats right; I'm still learning). Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to take a look, but it's private :)

      Delete
  3. This card is so beautiful! The flowers you created are simply magnificent. You're so creative. Those lavender colour buttons were a nice touch.

    To answer your question, no, I haven't made any cards lately...but maybe I will make some soon. Thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, Kezzie, you are so talented! Wow! This card is fantastic. I was just looking at cards this afternoon and none even compared to yours. (And some were roughly $10!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm not surprised she loved it. It's beautiful! You are so talented!

    I recently made a card for my brother's birthday and one for my friend's birthday. Both involve cross stitch, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet Pam was delighted with that gorgeous card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not surprised Pam loved that card, it's fantastic and so thoughtful and clever. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course she loved the card, everyone would, it's brilliant! I want this flower cutter, it is amazing, sweet and meaningful, dear Kezzie, as everything that you do is! I loved the notes, and that you recycle things, how cute is that card - it can easily be a picture for the wall (you know "my" dress is hanging on my wall, I told you!) And no, I haven't made any card lately, but I would love to! Hope you have a lovely day, dear Kezzie! Hugs!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The card looks really nice, I love the idea. She must have been very happy when she received it. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't made any cards for ages, I've got two drawers full of stuff to do so. I really should...
    This is lovely, the flowers look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and creative idea Kezzie, aww I have cut up my Madonna music book, what I had 20 year for a project.. You are one of my Creative Mondays features later on this weeks blog hop..Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)