Thursday, September 10, 2020

Yellow flowers


Hi there! 
I hope you are well! I am fine but extremely tired and getting used to using my voice so much combined with going back to my long travel journeys! 
I was going to write a post about what I have been up to but instead, I think it will take too long and too much concentration for this late on a Thursday evening so I will leave you with an outfit from a week ago or so that I was very pleased with!

 


I picked up this black crinkled maxi-skirt from my local charity shop on the day I came back from performing in town- I had a look in the charity shop and found about 4 things I ended up liking and buying and this skirt was one of them! I've always been fond of flowing maxi-skirts and this one seemed good for a Summer garment for work- except that it wasn't very good to cycle in!

It seemed to go perfectly with my sunflower top from TK Maxx (one of the rare brand new, full-price items I've bought in recent years...


I also realised that it went brilliantly with these new earrings I bought from Lorelai LQ- these earrings are completely made out of reclaimed single-use plastics- carrier bags, straws and other materials have been melted down and reformed into these earrings, helped by a little bit of thread and a bead.  A simple bee necklace completed the look, plus some blue and gold peep toe shoes.  When I took these photos, I thought it would be fun to pose in front of my Emma Bell painting which is now on the wall!



I hope you are well and not too worried about things at the moment! Keep praying!




9 comments:

  1. I love that bee necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty outfit. Great jewelry. I'm always surprised at seeing "TK Maxx" in European posts; here, the same store is called "TJ Maxx."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I just learned why the names are different: TK Maxx "uses a slightly different name from that of the TJ Maxx stores in the United States, to avoid confusion with the British retailer T. J. Hughes."

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TK_Maxx

      Delete
  3. Well, thank you for so much cheerful at the end of the school week! Hoping you'll be able to switch off quickly this weekend and know great restoration and fun! (That's certainly my plan.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully cheerful outfit, Kezzie! That floral maxi is gorgeous even if it's not made for cycling in :-) It looks especially gorgeous with that top and those wonderful earrings. And I love the photo where you're posing in front of the Emma Bell painting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fab skirt, it really suits you! My mum was very fond of the crinkle skirt, she used to hand wash them, twirl them up tightly and stuff them inside the leg of a pair of tights to keep their crinkles. It used to look most bizarre on the washing line! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit. I tried cycling in a dress the other day for the first time and was conscious not to get it caught in the wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love skirt, you know I like a maxi :)
    I hope the days are getting easier for you, it must be very strange to be back at work again. My days are still much the same as ever, working from home means I often forget what's going on in the world (which isn't always a bad thing).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit on you kezzie and I think you could make it autumn appropriate with a jacket and scarf. Such a lovely swishy skirt xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)