Friday, September 04, 2020

Spot the difference!

Here's an outfit I wore in July.  This dress is one that my friend Anne gave me. We'd spent the day, last Summer, out at the charity shops and playing flute duets and I was absolutely boiling in what I chose to wear. Unfortunately, we were going straight onto the Ceilidh club in Southend to play that night and my attire was rather worse for wear after a humid day.  Anne had this dress which didn't fit her properly and she offered it to me.  Made a a simple, light, crepe fabric, it was a good for the day as it didn't have too much excess material and wasn't too low cut! Win, win!
I wore it again for similarly hot days.
This time, I chose to accessorise it with brown and muted shades- a leafy scarf, a pair of charity shopped tan shoes, a Peacock butterfly necklace and some scruffy bunches in my hair!

Ah, look at how pretty the Aquelegia and Clematis were back then! They are no more!  Such transient beauty...



8 comments:

  1. I love how you belted this dress Anne gave you with a scarf. Very clever accessorizing. The dress is lovely and it looks great on you.
    Very pretty and feminine look. A winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very pretty dress, and it looks so good with that sash around the waist. Your hair is getting so long! It looks very nice -- hot in the summer, but not everybody can carry off that length :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit. And, yes, (the) beauty (of the flowers) is fleeting. I look back at my first blog posts a decade ago and can't believe I've lost the youthful appearance I had then. We should appreciate today's gifts which will be gone quicker than we expect. Next time I wake up I'll be OLD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely dress, the scarf is a fab touch and I love your hair in bunches! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the perfect dress for a hot day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
    Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
    Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
    Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very versatile dress, and a pretty one too!
    Love your scruffy bunches :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)