Hi there!
How's your week going? It's been a hot few days here in Essex and I've been enjoying wearing my Summer clothes as I am the ultimate in BAH HUMBUG when it comes to the social media 'hooray, it's Autumn, let's all fetch our cosy sweaters and pumpkin latte' bandwagon!
I thought I'd feature an outfit from another shot spell a little while back.
I bought this Tu at Sainsbury's dress second hand from a charity shop last Summer and I love it- the material, the fit, the look, is right up my street and despite owning many pretty Summer dresses, it is one I constantly look to. I own a few Tu at Sainsbury's items, which I mentioned in my Cherry Lane outfit from a few weeks ago, and most of them are secondhand and I love them!
I seem to have not had the time or inclination to plait my hair and put it across my head in 'milkbraid braids' to coin a phrase I've heard describe this look- it's a shame as it keeps my unruly hair out the way most of the day, is comfortable, AND quite cute. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with a cycling helmet!
Notice the little foxy-pumps! Do we all remember that I longed for a pair of these for about 3 birthdays and then CBC finally relented and bought me a pair!?
School has been super hot these past few days but yesterday, I went and took my lunch and sat under a tree on the only bit of green we have, by the school raised beds. It was blissful to sit there quietly and eat in the dappled sunlight, eyeing up what I might pick to eat! I tend to pick a few things every so often otherwise they just go rotten! The school caretaker is always pleased I do this as he, like me, gets cross about wastage! Speaking of him not liking to waste things, yesterday, I was teaching Year 5 in their classroom. The second class are in the corner classroom at the front of the school site. J, a nice boy but cheeky and a bit distracted sometimes, was gawping behind him. D, another boy complained and said that J was trying to get his attention to get him in trouble. When I asked J to stop, he said, "I wasn't trying to get his attention."
"Oh no?" I rejoined, "Then what were you doing turning round?"
"I was watching the man pick pears off the tree," he retorted.
I made some pithy comment about watching pears being picked not helping him to get a job when he was older, or something off that ilk (actually, it would be good to encourage him into a job outside if he gains a love for the earth, but never mind that..). I realised that this was the caretaker picking pears.
"Oooooh!" I thought to myself. "Must ask him if I can have some pears."
40minutes later, I returned to my room to eat my lunch to find a bag of pears on my desk. He'd already thought of me!
It's been a good week so far. No really awkward customers and most still very enthusiastic about work, although one of the worst behaved chaps from last year did almost have one of his idiosyncractic OTT strops after I told him off for screwing up his piece of work. Luckily, managed to distract him from full scale banging of tables and growling by using the end of Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra. I've been picking lots of produce from my own garden, which I will do a bit of a post about soon.
Hope you are well.
xx
That is a lovely dress, Kezzie! I love your hair like that!
ReplyDeleteHaven't we enjoyed amazing temperatures in Essex. Long may it continue. Great dress, love TU.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous dress Kezzie and I'm so envious of your lovely weather - I put on a dress today as we were supposed to have sun and I WILL NOT GIVE IN and put on leggings even though I'm freezing lol. It is still summer ... somewhere lol
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the week's been going well for you.
What a lovely dress, and I'm not surprised it's a favourite! I do have several charity shopped TU at Sainsbury's garments too, all picked up in UK charity shops over the years. Glad to hear it's been a good week so far at school! xxx
ReplyDeleteThose shoes are so YOU!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute dress.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the headlong rush into all things Autumn, I love a blanket and getting cosy as much as anyone, but I'm not going to wish away these gorgeous sunshine days!
No need to rush the transition into summer. Some people wait for summer all year and then they pretend it is autumn sooner than it is.
ReplyDeleteThis dress looks amazing on you and I also like the plaits.
It isn't easy to work in the heat, though. We are not allowed to turn on AC because of the pandemic.
What a gorgeous dress! I really like Tu clothing both for myself and Andy. Almost all of Andy's work shirts come from there and they last really well - and his work is the ultimate test of a garments quality!
ReplyDeleteI'm bah humbug about all thing pumpkin too, I don't mind autumn so much but I dislike the 'autumn is here' ranting when it's still clearly summer! I'm really enjoying these sunny days, I'm enjoying them as much as I can so that when autumn does arrive I won't feel like I wasted the sun.
I love that the caretaker brought you pears, that's so sweet of him. Where they nice?
xx