Sunday, September 22, 2019

Recently...

I feel like I steal a lot of Post ideas from Bev!  But I don't mind as she is also not adverse to the stealing of blog post ideas from others! Sharing is caring!

So...what have I been up to recently....?

Playing.... Beethoven's Eroica symphony with a localish orchestra. I was only depping (slang term for deputizing, e.g. covering for a player who can't make a rehearsal but is playing an important part so they can't leave the orchestral space empty for a rehearsal) for my friend Izzie but it was great fun and I enjoyed it muchly.  Also playing a piece by a recently deceased member of our main orchestra called Alan Charlton.  His piece, The Tides of Time, is really interesting. Alongside this, Mozart's Jupiter Symphony and Brahms' Double Concerto.

Playing... Bananagrams!

Regretting... introducing the Kazoos to my year 3&4 and years 5&6 choirs.  They are irresistible to even the most demure and well-behaved choir member and it's really hard to get across any instructions when they have them in their hands and I have to resort to playing Chopin's Death March to get them to stop.

Eating... raspberries from the garden, pears and blackberries from foraging, courgettes from the garden, numerous carrots from school that were surplus!  Thai Green curry and fishcakes last night, an enormous veggie fried breakfast today plus sausage (rest is in the fridge- brought home in my trusty takeaway tub!) and Tempeh from Sainsbury's in a delicious Stir-fry!


Watching.... the Aurora orchestra at the Proms, Neighbours on 5od, The Great British Bake off on Channel4.com, Gardener's world and Doctor Who on iPlayer.

Spending time with... my Brother in law who came over for the weekend.

Listening to... not much apart from the TV shows mentioned above.

Reading... brilliant books by MG Leonard in the Beetle Boy series, more brilliant Children's books from the library and a book called Plastic Sucks! by Dougie Poynter which I am reading before I take it into school!

Worrying about.... something that happened at school on Friday. Not to do with me, but I am the person who has to liaise and try and sort it out and I have been worrying about stressing about it all weekend. I wish that parents and children and people realised how I have the type of mind that can't switch off the anxiety at all, no matter how hard I try, and how this has plagued my weekend despite the extremely pleasant activities and company I have taken part in.

Going to...Manningtree to visit John Constable country, enjoying a gorgeous sunny walk.

Wearing...lots of light fabrics and items whilst I still can.  Will not give in to Autumn yet!

What's been up with you recently?

xxx



8 comments:

  1. Oh that plate of food looks delicious.
    You worry because you are a caring person, like me. Sometimes I have to remind myself to change what I can and to accept what I can't change and to have wisdom
    to know the difference.

    It looks like you have been busy. I certainly have been busy serving others and it makes me so tired that I sleep well at night.

    Fall is here and I'm still wearing my sandals and capris.
    Enjoy this new week. Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urgh, I hate it when weekday worries seep in to the weekend and taint it. I try not to think about it more than necessary, plan notes and lists so I don't need to mull over anything in my 'free' time. However, the feelings of anxiety I appreciate are entirely different. Hope you can put it to rest this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when something happens on a Friday and causes you to worry about it all weekend. That happens to me sometimes too and it really spoils your days off. I hope you manage to resolve things today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That veggie fried breakfast looks absolutely delicious. I'm hearing you on your worries, though. As a true worrywort, it would be the same for me. Things like that often put a damper on my weekends and time off. Hope you can soon put it to rest. xxx P.S. I'll be sending you some Bruges tips soon. As the current sales at T2 are about to finish, there is every possibility that there might be another one end of October. I'll keep you posted about that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great to read about what you have been up to lately. I also have one of those minds that won't switch off and I worry way too much. I wish I was one of those people who could just switch off and enjoy my weekend but it rarely happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that verb "liaise" -- I hope that you are well on your way to resolving the conflict so you can sleep better! I know very well how that sort of thing affects sleep. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry that worries about the situation at school were in the back of your mind all weekend, Kezzie. I do hope that you were able to sort it all out today. It sounds like you managed to have a good weekend, stress aside. I love Bananagrams by the way. I usually play it when I'm visiting with my family. We've been trying to decide whether to move to a warmer place or not, so when I'm home, I'm focused on downsizing and house repairs, stay or go. Ugh!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Beetle Boy books! I hope the school situation is all worked out now and this weekend isn't full of anxiety.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)