There have been many wonderful moments this holiday. Many of them. Here are a few that come to mind.
1. I am touched that my little sister invited her new boyfriend to meet me and CBC when we were meeting up. I am grateful that he is really nice and that she is more relaxed about this new relationship.
2. For the opportunity to FINALLY play the William Overture 1st flute part!
3. For having swum every day of my holiday (except the first and last) during our Tuscany holiday.
4. For CBC and I both having enjoyed our camp in so many ways. CBC was a bit worried about it as it has been a bit cliquey in recent years but he had a lovely time and that made me happy.
5. Bananagrams! Both at camp and in Italy and I am grateful for my kind sister in law for giving me her spare set.
6. A delightful walk (including foraging) with Lara and Tim.
7. For the 15 enjoyable books I read this month.
8. We took Mum to hospital appointments after her Knee-replacement and every time we have spent time with her, it's been lovely- a meal at our favourite Madieran restaurant and brunch at two of our favourite lunch places, silly conversations and giggling in the toilets before appointments, garden shenanigans, e.g. me mowing the lawn and cutting back Toadflax, visiting the Refill Room- every day spent with Mum and CBC was fun even though I found myself wincing and almost fainting in sympathy of her pain.
9. Our new swing-seat: It's made reading, eating, relaxing and garden time fun.
10. The raspberries in profusion!!!
11. How good it felt to sleep in our bed after 10 days camping!
12. On our journey home from Italy, we stayed at a hotel near Gare de Lyon in Paris as it was too late to get a Eurostar home. It was the best night's sleep I'd had in 10 days: a) no mozzies, b) aircon made it the perfect temperature, c) Such a comfy mattress, d) the duvet and the pillow were most welcome.
13. The lovely day I went swimming with my friend Libby during camp. It was a glorious day and the pool felt wonderful and it was a really lovely bonding experience.
14. On our way to Italy, CBC, J and I stopped for lunch at a bistro by Gare du Nord and I ordered French onion soup which is my favourite thing to eat in France. CBC, J and I were all excited about the holiday and we ended up sitting there doing the silly Capri Sun Word challenge on the placemat in the bistro. It was a silly and fun moment!
15. Silly swimming games with CBC and M in the pool. We invented a game called Donut in the Deep end and it was fun and really enjoyable afternoon.
What happy moments are you grateful for this holiday?
What a delightful post. You always make me smile :) I'm glad CBC enjoyed camping - and you too, of course.
ReplyDelete15 books... you read two more than me in August.
That is a good list of thing to be grateful for. One of my Motto is a grateful heart is a happy heart. You indeed have a happy heart. I'm grateful for your friendship.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Julia
Aw, that's such a good reminder to be mindful about the little things in life, Kezzie! I'm grateful for my friends' support and love.
ReplyDelete15 books in August is amazing, congrats. I'm not sure how many I read, I need to check my goodreads profile but I think I read quite a few of them because I didn't work this August.
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely list of moments to be grateful for. I'm sorry your mother had to have her knee replaced, but it is good you were able to be there for her and spend time together as a family, that's always precious.
Lovely to read your post.
ReplyDeleteThe month of August was very special as we spent time with all of our five grandchildren.
… and now it's back to school and Autumn just around the corner.
All the best Jan