Sunday, September 29, 2019

Autumn fruits

Why is it that occasionally, there is  photo you have taken that will NOT rotate on your blog screen, no matter what you do!??!! It hasn't happened for ages and it is tres annoying!! You'll have to put your head on the side for this post!


This picture I took made me really happy.  I've suddenly decided I really rather like eating uncooked blackberries and I have picked quite a lot in the last few weeks. Here, they are accompanied by pears lightly cooked in honey which we foraged on a walk and accompanied by our own Autumn-fruiting raspberries.  The combination was delightful and not one I've had before!

I've got more pears as the caretaker at school has fashioned a rather large poking/picking device which he's been using to pick us some of the pears from the school tree which otherwise splatter onto the carpark! He's rather like me in my, "Ahrgh, I hate wastage!" attitude. It's thanks to him that the surplus milk and carrots don't end up in the bin but get used!

Have you eaten this combo?
xx


12 comments:

  1. Yumm, that's an awesome combination. My mouth is watering.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, so yummy and fun. Little fruits like that... It's so easy to eat many of them as soon as they are plucked! When, as in my garden, the little fruits are sparse, I almost always do....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a crumble on Saturday - foraged blackberries and pears from a friend. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A yummy combination of fruit! So satisfying when they've been foraged or picked because they would have gone to waste. Have a good week Kezzie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blackberries are my absolute favourite, cooked with apples or pears, or just on their own right from the bush, love them. How great that you and the caretaker are of the same mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried that combination. Your caretaker sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks mouth-wateringly yummy! I love blackberries and foraging for them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks delicious. I love raspberries and blackberries. Asian apple-pears are in season right now, so I am currently enjoying a plate of them, sliced.

    There are organizations around that make maps of where there are fruit trees that need picking, and they communicate it out so that the fruit doesn't go to waste. This is a local one: http://lifecyclesproject.ca/our-projects/fruit-tree-project/ - you register your fruit tree, and people come and pick it (you get 25% of it). It's pretty cool. You might have a similar thing in your area!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I eat loads of fruit, but haven't come across this combination before. I need to try it!

    Have a super week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't eaten this combination but it does sound rather good. I do plan to go blackberry picking at some point soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our pear tree has given us a huge bucket of pears (sadly all windfalls after gales). I like fruit in desserts but don't really eat much except stewed rhubarb on it's own xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. a healthy choice and how wonderful that it is home grown!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)