Hello there my beauties!
It IS lovely to have you, my blog friends who so kindly pay a visit to my old blog here and show your care and compassion. I do value you all. Please give yourself a big hug from me, especially if you are having a rotten day.
Onto TARDIS Tuesday! I've been having a go at some classic companions recently, as you may have noticed and I decided to repay a visit to one I last tried in June 2017. Romana 1, a time lady who accompanied the Doctor during the 6 serial season, The Key to Time.
She wears a very Boho, gypsy-looking outfit comprising of a dark red jersey top with loose long sleeves, an open neck with ties paired with a red tiered maxi skirt worn with a white petticoat underneath plus maroon/browny boots.
![]() |
| IMage borrowed from this Pinterest |
![]() |
| IMage borrowed from this Pinterest |
Here's a short clip of it in action:
And here's my version!
As you can see, I have updated this from the 2017 version- only to be achieved with second-hand items.
The far-biggest pain to find, and my search has been LLLLLLLLOOOONG, was the search for the skirt. You have no idea how many eBay searches of red tiered maxi skirt, boho maxi skirt, gypsy skirt I have done over the last two years and how many red skirts I have waded through in my quest. I finally scored this for £4 after so many fruitless searches!
The top, was reasonable too (can't remember what!) but bought a year ago or so (yes, the skirt quest has been that long) I wore the same white lacy skirt underneath and my brown knee-high boots
I do like this outfit even though the colours are slightly off!
What do you think?
Would you wear this? Is this your thing?
x




I would not have thought that a red long skirt would be so hard to find, but there you go! I think this looks awesome, Kezzie! Well done!
ReplyDeleteYou're so cute, Kezzie! I think you did a great job of coming up with your version of the outfit. I seriously can't remember the last time I wore a skirt! I do on occasion wear a dress though. I remain fashion challenged!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! This is an outfit I would wear. I have a similar skirt, but mine is shorter. I can't remember where mine came from - I've had it about 8 years!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful styling! I love the red maxi paired with that top. Another great cosplay look. You look fantastic with your hair let down.
ReplyDeleteDon't they say good things come to those who are prepared to wait? Anyway, I do love this outfit, and in fact I love yours better than the original! xxx
ReplyDeleteThat is such a great outfit and I love the skirt, a fantastic bargain find even if it took a while to locate! I really like the berry top too, I have a very similar one I just bought earlier in the year! I'll need to try it with red...
ReplyDeleteHope that your week is off to a great start :)
Away From Blue
I love this outfit, I'd wear it all the time! x
ReplyDelete