She was super excited about this and was keen to get there early to avoid the crush. It was great as there were hardly any people where we went.
Alas, the tide was completely out- it seemed like about a mile away. There was a concrete pool to collect some water in so we went there to paddle. Then, I had the idea, whilst waiting for the tide to come back in a bit more, that we could make a piece of beach art.
I told CBC to collect blue shells (mussels), K to collect white oyster shells and I would collect brown pebbles to construct a piece.
Here's a series of pictures of it in pieces. At which picture did you guess what it was going to be?
The real picture is at the end...
Later on, a lady who was in her beach hut came over to have a look at it whilst we were swimming in the sea (the tide came in super quickly after doing this!) and she was very impressed!
Of course, it was very sad when it washed away a while later.
What picture would you have made?
Wow, I'm also impressed of your beautiful beach art. I love those red rocks. Some looks like red agate.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend.
Hugs, Julia
What a great beach pastime and beautiful artwork. I'm particularly taken with the mermaid.
ReplyDeleteThat is such a fun idea, Kezzie!
ReplyDeleteThat's impressive, Kezzie! I'm ashamed to admit I didn't guess at all. Love the little mermaid! xxx
ReplyDeleteIt sounds as if you had fun when your niece came to stay. How good to be able to go to the beach and be creative making a picture in the sand together. A great idea that each of you collected shells and pebbles to contribute to the artwork. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful memory! I love your posts. You have a definite 61-year-old fan in Tucson, Arizona.
ReplyDeleteThat's so cute!~
ReplyDeleteWow, what a fantastic picture! I'm ashamed to say I didn't guess at all. And I'm nowhere near as talented as you so I would probably have done something simple like a heart or sun.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a fantastic picture! I'm ashamed to say I didn't guess at all. And I'm nowhere near as talented as you so I would probably have done something simple like a heart or sun.
ReplyDeleteAmazing beach art!
ReplyDelete