Tuesday, August 18, 2020

TARDIS Tuesday- The Seeds of Doom

 hjgjhj


This week for TARDIS Tuesday, I thought I'd take a more creative approach to my outfit.  Some cosplayers go to amazing lengths for their costumes- the background, the hair, the makeup, the face paints, they construct their costumes painstakingly from scratch.   I don't do all that, mainly because of time, cost, inclination and lack of motivation but this week, I thought I'd have a go at dressing as one of the Doctor Who villains. 

In Tom Baker's era, the Krynoids were a form of plants which expanded rapidly and became carnivorous, eating humans and animals alike- very John Wyndham!  

Here's a couple of pictures of them in their extreme forms:

Doctor Who: Remembering THE SEEDS OF DOOM - Warped Factor - Words ...
IMage borrowed from The Warped Factor




Krynoid - The Doctor Who Group
Image borrowed from The Doctor Who group

No expense has been spared this week in the making of this costume:

Here is my costume:

The Passiflora, Jasmine and Clematis needed a prune so I decided to make use of the large pile of foliage which CBC had left on the patio to 'construct' my costume.

What do you think of my very expensive, very time-consuming costume?
x

8 comments:

  1. Those creatures scared the bejesus out of me when I was a kid! What a brilliant interpretation! Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I love it! I actually chortled out loud when I saw your picture, Kezzie! It's hilarious!

    The Day of the Triffids scared the heck out of me when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's brilliant as well as hilarious, Kezzie! Those Krynoids are properly scary. The Triffids have got nothing on them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make a very lovable Krynoid far nicer than the original :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I love this! It must have been so much fun to "dress-up" like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe! love this!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)