Hello there!
I thought I'd share an exciting outfit today- an outfit I PERFORMED in!!
The town in which I play in an orchestra sometimes was asking for some buskers to play to liven up the high street for passers by. The pavement has been widened and there is wide section where we could perform with a nice gap allowing for people to pass safely.
Izzie and I played flute duets for an hour- we had a sign telling people who we were and why we were collecting for the Alzheimers Society - Izzie, because her husband died from it 2 years ago and me, because my Grandma died from it.
Whilst there wasn't a vast amount of people who listened for a long time, we made £36 from the passers-by and Izzie had set up a Facebook giving page in advance and £130 was donated to that!
It was really exciting to get dressed up- we texted each other with pictures of our proposed dresses and realised we were complementary.
My dress is from Monsoon bought a good long time ago in the sale along with a very old Primark cardie and some Lotus sandals. My necklace and earrings were won in a competition from Esoteric London and I believe the hair grip was from Monsoon Kids also.
The two bracelets were presents from pupils and friends and the hair band was from Primark a long time ago.
It really was delightful to perform together- making music is so fulfilling with someone else and yesterday, as well as rehearsing, we went over to our other flute player's house to play trios- she'd just had a pacemaker fitted in her heart and she was so happy to play as she's said her mood has been up and down. After playing, Izzie and I went into Cafe Nero for a hot chocolate with her daughter who I really liked.
After that, I went home on the train. I nipped into the charity shop in town (it's a lovely spacious one) and saw lots of lovely things. I walked home via the town which was actually really nice to do. Then tonight, we went out for a meal at a totally Vegan restaurant in a town not too far away and it was delicious!
Hope you are well.
x
It's a lovely dress. How delightful that you got to play the flute with your friend Izzie to raise money for Alzheimer. The Izzie and Kezzie duo. I'm tempted to say, a good thing that Ozzie didn't joined you. lol... I'm just feeling silly this morning.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the new day.
Hugs, Julia
Funny you should say that as I mentioned to Hazel, our third member, that I felt like we should call her Hazzie and she loved it!
DeleteHow wonderful of you, raising money for charity and enchanting passers by. Well done. I love your outfit too.
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't really wonderful of me, I was just happy to be playing my flute, performing to others and seeing my friend and it was a bonus that we could raise money! But thank you!
DeleteHow brilliant Izzie and you performed together to raise money for Alzheimer disease. That's a worthy cause. Well done.
ReplyDeleteI love your outfit. The maxi dress is wonderful and the floral accessories are so pretty. Your bracelets are so lovely. Beautiful necklace as well.
Ah, thank you! It was one of those outfits that fitted me so well, I felt pretty in it too! Alzheimer's is such an awful disease
Deleteyes it is, so hard on the families.
DeleteWhat a brilliant thing to do - I'm sure you brightened the rainy day for many people- and all for a good cause. I love the dress
ReplyDeleteIt was just lovely to be able to play! I just wish more of the, forgive me for using the term, ignorant, 'Only Way is Essex' crowd had a bit more culture and appreciation as well as the older, more cultured people who listened.
DeleteWhat a lovely thing to do, Kezzie, and you must be one of the best dressed buskers ever. The dress is gorgeous and your necklace is stunning. It must be lovely to play music and perform again! xxx
ReplyDeleteHaha, yes, I hadn't thought of that! I just loved an excuse to dress up!
DeleteYou look gorgeous, Kezzie - I especially like all the flowers and faux roses you're wearing. So very pretty.
ReplyDeleteKudos to you and Izzie! And how wonderful that you were able to share your art with the public, and to raise money for such a good cause. I bet it felt great. :)
Ah, I thought of you when I photographed the accessories! Glad you liked them! It was lovely to share our music! I feel like people are craving live music!
DeleteIt's lovely dress.
ReplyDeleteHow nice to be performing, playing with your friend, and raising money all at the same time. I understand your excitement at getting dressed up, these weird times don't have much call for it, but it can really lift the spirits.
It sounds like you had a lovely day.
xx
What a kind and thoughtful thing to do!
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic, that dress is lovely! xxx