Hi there,
My school are making good use of our time at home, keeping us busy (some of us make blog posts lessons for our kids daily which take hours! Teaching my musician curriculum is not as easy as shoving a worksheet up on the net Humph! I'm not wasting my time!A year 1 post has taken me about 3hours to recreate at least.) by setting us CPD tasks- (Continuing Professional Development). We've got to choose from 3 online courses (some Open University ones that are reaaaaaaaaaaaally long), do a virtual tour of a place to visit, research an artist and I've been told to set a music task for everyone. It's fine but I really don't want to be spending any more time online than I am already. I get headaches from too much screen time.
Anyway, yesterday, after one course, I was trying to register with the OU to no avail so I decided to start with my Art CPD.
You had to select an artist from a list of those that you might study with kids at school and do some research, showing what you know, what you wanted to know and what you found out, perhaps creating an example of your artwork based on them.
I selected Gustav Klimt from the list as I'd seen his The Kiss painting at the Belvere museum in Vienna last year and wanted to know more.
I duly did and wrote up my research and then did my own version of one of his paintings using my watercolour pencils.
This one, Farm Garden was one I really liked and decided I would do my own musical spin on it as I discovered a Lithograph he did called Music. Plus, his mother was a failed musician!
| IMage borrowed from https://www.accents-n-art.com/canvas-prints/4x5-CPM00537.html |
I think I'd like to give this another go but perhaps using a more conventional rectangle shape!
What do you think?
What do you think?
VERY pretty! Oh, I feel for you! Hang in there, Kezzie! It's rough!
ReplyDeleteI think that could be a really interesting art project, with different silhouettes of instruments. You could do a guitar shape, a banjo, a harp, all with the flowers in them. If you had 6 or so templates, it would be easy for kids to get creative with the flowers.
ReplyDeleteI love Klimt's stuff - beautiful colours.
I love you colours and shapes.
ReplyDeleteThis is what I did one year; I did a good few weeks on impressionism;looking at paintings, listening to jardins sous la pluie and discussing the sound and music, painting a watercolour response, with a mixture of blurred and distinct shapes and colours and then using the paintings as graphic scores to turn them into music. There were intermediate steps along the way about graphic scores, choosing and layering sounds, controlling dynamics etc
It's lovely, you can easily tell it's inspired by Klimt. I love The Kiss but I think Judith and the Head of Holofernes is my favourite.
ReplyDeletexx
That's lovely - I do adore Klimt! x
ReplyDeleteThat's lovely Kezzie - but what a work load - I really feel for you. It's getting very tiring being online so much isn't it x
ReplyDeleteI love Klimt! I went to an exhibition of his work many years ago, and it was amazing. Love the artwork you created. It's beautiful and original! xxx
ReplyDeleteYour art looks great. Headaches from screen time - look at your posture, turn up the brightness and get an eye test (or just try some mild reading glasses - you can order them online)
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful violin you created. I like how you took inspiration from Klimt, I love his art.
ReplyDelete