Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Down the rabbit hole- a blog which you could spend hours on!

The other day, I ended up looking at Bloglovin and I rediscovered the most genius blog!!!
It's  http://charityshopchic.net/

The wonderful lady, Sally, who wrote that blog used to take items of clothing from charity shops and completely reform them into something else that worked for her.
She gave herself red carpet challenges, made her own patterns and saw a garment for its potential beyond what it is.
I've selected a few posts here but I dare you not to spend hours clicking on her archive to find more of what she did!
I wonder if we all commented, if she'd start blogging again?

Please go and have a look- she is a sewing and dress-making genius!

https://charityshopchic.net/2012/03/14/grace-kelly/
Copied a Grace Kelly dress from an old navy skirt

https://charityshopchic.net/2016/08/31/polka-dot-panache/  She took a size 20 brown polka dot dress and turned it into her version of the Pretty Woman dress

https://charityshopchic.net/2016/08/13/embellishment-embroidery-on-embroidery/ - She took a massive sheer embroidered shirt and turned it into a beautiful camisole.

https://charityshopchic.net/2012/04/13/carrie-bradshaw-month-part-2/
Cut a long t-shirt down into a dupe of a brilliant Carrie Bradshaw top!

https://charityshopchic.net/2012/04/20/carrie-bradshaw-month-part-3/
- turned a massive pleated floral skirt into a chic fitted dress

https://charityshopchic.net/2012/04/25/carrie-bradshaw-month-part-4-grand-finale/- turned an awful pink bed sheet into a chic Peplum dress

https://charityshopchic.net/2012/10/05/carrie-bradshaw-month-2-carries-back/
Recreated a white Carrie Bradshaw dress from a t-shirt!

https://charityshopchic.net/2014/11/05/epic-yale/
Took a large shapeless navy blazer and made it into a chic fun preppy style!

https://charityshopchic.net/2014/02/10/betty-draper-does-kenya/
Stripe sheet becomes Betty Draper!

https://charityshopchic.net/2015/10/04/red-carpet-copycat-marion-cotillard-in-dior/
A blazer and some lace becomes a red carpet dress!

https://charityshopchic.net/2015/10/31/super-scarf/
A scarf becomes a chic scarf

https://charityshopchic.net/2014/01/29/outfit-african-print/
Over-sized African dress becomes chic skirt and top

https://charityshopchic.net/2011/09/21/stella-mccartney-tribute/
 3 massive t-shirts into a Stella McCartney dupe!



8 comments:

  1. That was fun - I enjoyed those links, thanks, Kezzie! Ah, 2007-2012, the golden age of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun site. Thank you Kezzie! You know I love repurposing garments and household linens into other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that blog, she was so clever with her refashioning! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm off to lose an hour or two....
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, I might have to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS is why I want to learn how to sew. That skill opens up many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen that blog before, it's genius. Thanks for the links, which I'll certainly be (re) visiting. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I visited the blog and commented on one of the post. You're right, that's one very talented young lady.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)