Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Some music resources for Isolation

Here are some free resources for kids perhaps.  All of them might be fun for adults too!


The New York Philharmonic Kids site has some great fun interactive programs.  You do need Flash player for them though. I can't seem to get them to work.

Find out about Harry Partch and his unusual instruments

Out of the Ark music have shared some lovely free new songs that you can learn to sing! You can see the whole lot of free here.

What about learning morse code??


Here is a video showing you the letters, the patterns and their sounds.  Can you copy them?
DASH means LONG
DOT means SHORT



You can spell out secret messages using your voice, an instrument or a light.   
An activity for you to do:
1.  Get a piece of paper.
2.  Write your name down with spaces between each letter.
3.  Now copy the pattern of dots and dashes under each letter of your name.
4. Now using your voice or a whistle or an instrument like a recorder that can make long and short sounds, try to sing or play the patterns of sounds for your name.

Watch Peter and Wolf the ballet!!


Learn Online piano:
Click on 
to get a free keyboard online you can play tunes on.
your top line of keys on your computer keyboard plays the notes:
TAB KEY = C Q= D, W=E, R=F, T=G, Y=A, U=B, I=C*, O=D* P=E*

Learn free drumming from my friend Mike.

Every day, there is a free drumming workshop from Inspireworks on Youtube.  I met Mike, the director of Inspireworks back in 2002 when we were both studying music in Indonesia!  He's a great teacher!

Learn some drumming techniques and rhythms at 2pm Monday to Friday
Here is the current live one.

Learn some swing dance from Swing Dance UK:

Hope they are helpful!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I going to send this link to my son and daughter-in-law for the grandchildren

    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these sound like fun activities.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)