Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Walk with me

Want to see some beautiful sights?
Come and walk with me.
On Sunday afternoon, CBC went out for a cycle (an epic fast cycle so not one I could tag along with) and so I also wanted to get out and get some exercise (especially as it is the last day of the holiday) and not be aimlessly at home.
All my walks so far have taken a left out of the end of my road so this time I decided to go right and walk towards a nearish village we had cycled through (the place of the Asparagus) if it was possible or at least head in that direction and see where I got.
I turned off the main road and ended up walking along the lane when I came quite quickly to some OSR fields.  I'd never had these in walking distance of where I live before so it was rather exciting.  I only met one pair of dog walkers along the stretch.


When I reached the end of the road, a footpath turned the right angle along the field so I decided to follow that rather than continue towards the village. 

The yellow blooms spread across the horizon and I was completely alone.

I looked to the right and saw a meadow which was teaming with daisies.

Some beautiful Bluebells were flanking the border and it was a delight to see.

The odd Fava bean plant was dotted along the path. I find these really attractive!

A final glance at the OSR before I advanced into some green fields with woodland flanking them. At the end, I had to turn into the woods and found myself on the playing fields behind the community centre on the main road.
I wasn't sure where to go next so I walked through these towards the main road. I saw these daisies winking at me at the entrance.

There was some great artwork on the back of the community centre. The reason for the Vikings is that nearby is supposedly the scene of a battle between Ethelred and some of the other ancient kings and Vikings.

I continued onto the main road and then turned right along the lane towards St Andrew's Church.

I thought these were Red Campion flowers but now I'm not sure.


These were growing along the fences leading to the church.

And there the church was, looking beautiful and peaceful.
Turn to the right and see the view down the valley towards the river.

The blossom looked like tresses of pure white here.


And up close, some beautiful Cherry blossom.

Notice the clock?

A welcoming sign from the church.

I like the idea of a grave for those who have no official resting place. Notice the shard of light.

I continued through the graveyard, tutting as I could hear the voices of youths and a loud blaring mobile phone hidden in the bushes. I am quite sure they aren't related.

The footpath continued down the hill and then I had no choice but to join the main road back towards town.

As I walked along homewards, I saw someone had done some lovely rainbow chalking.


The walk was probably around 5 miles in total, not huge but certainly wonderful to explore some more routes around my home town and region.

I hope you enjoyed it.
xx


16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the walk and I love that Viking mural it is epic. You did really well getting out the door on so little sleep! I'm amazed that folk are ignoring social distancing in the supermarkets, grr, thank God for online shopping at this end :-) I was imagining you travelling home lading with canes and a veritable supply of produce so you did a fab job not losing any of your wares. Those kids will remember your fun day years down the line, despite the lockdown you have helped them make some marvelous memories. Love and God Bless San xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a wonderful walk, you will have to return!
    Those flowers don't look like campion to me so I'll look it up.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place you live in! We have so many of the same plants and flowers here, way over on the west coast of Canada, although it seems strange to me to not have mountains in the distance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky are you having so much beauty within walking distance of your house? I loved accompanying you on your travels around the glorious English countryside, that beautiful field of rape and that touching memorial to those that died without a resting place.
    What a lovely start to my day. Thanks, Kezzie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The closest match to those flowers is shiny cranesbill but they don't look exact. So it's a mystery to me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kezzie that's a lovely walk! I think the pink flowers are honesty. Could be wrong though.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely walk and beautiful flowers! You're lucky to be able to get out without seeing too many people - I feel like the whole of our town and three other towns were out jogging when we went for our weekly walk on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to see the surrounding area where you live Kezzie. The flora is all so pretty. I'm impressed that you did a five mile walk - you'd have to go around Tresco two times to clock up that kine of mileage!
    Keep safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty sights on your walk. I remember seeing fields of yellow flowers when we went to Scotland in May. I thought they were fields of Canola.
    Take care, Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos. I love nature.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved tagging along on your walk, and I do wish we had so much open space near where we live. Our walking choice is fairly limited here. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing what treasures are right under our nose just there for the finding isn't it. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magnificent! Thank you, Kezzie :-)

    I haven't walked five miles at a stretch in a long time, but I remember the good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed coming on the walk. You have some beautiful countryside near where you live. The field of daisies is a pretty sight with all the flowers open to the sunshine. The mural and the chalk drawing, the sound of people evidence that others are also part of the community. The church is in a peaceful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful flowers, views and nature. Thank you for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)