It's great fun to just be silly once in a while! As grown-ups, we are supposed to be oh so serious and responsible all the time? Or are we?
CBC and I dropped round to my sister's today for an impromptu visit. We had a lovely walk which ended up with us getting very wet in the rain which fell as we were miles from home. Coming back, someone, being silly with my niece ended up with us having some Pantomime horse antics. A brown blanket became a horse-skin and I of course ended up being the back end. CBC offered himself as an obstacle for us to jump over.
This was quite difficult given his size! It was all very silly and all great fun!
K got a little bit hyper and over the top silly which kids tend to do when grown-ups end up playing with them but it was nice to spend time with her and do these things. I'm not the best auntie in general so it was good to be able to have fun with her.
Sometimes, it is nice to give into the urge to be silly.
x


Definitely! Silliness is a much undeterred pastime in my opinion!
ReplyDeleteLiz x
What constitutes a "good auntie"? I'd say this would stand out in her memory as a wonderful time. And you reaped the benefits as well!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. xo Jazzy Jack
Oh, a fun auntie is one of the best things ever :) Do that more often!
ReplyDeleteOh I think you're a terrific auntie and CBC is a great uncle too. It looks like so much fun.
ReplyDeleteHave a terrific weekend. Hugs Julia
Looks like enormous fun to me. Sometimes it's important to "become like little children". PS please tell CBC to put socks on his Christmas list!
ReplyDeleteIt's good to be silly from time to time. I'm sure your niece will remember this game for a long time to come.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
Haha this sounds like an amazing idea! I bet it was really nice to let loose and be silly with your niece although I definitely would have tripped over any obstacle haha!:) xx
ReplyDeleteIt would be a sad world if grownups couldn't be silly once in a while. Looks like you had lots of fun! xxx
ReplyDeleteOh the joys of aunts and uncles who wind up nieces and/or nephews just before bedtime!! And Oh the joys of being the parent of over hyped child :-) Silly moments are the best and I must admit when Ben starts to really giggle I cannot help but join in, his laugh is totally infectious! xx
ReplyDeleteOccasional silliness is necessary. It's good for the soul :-)
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm a big fun of silliness, especially around children, as they love it. I'm an auntie as well as a great auntie, but I don't get a lot of opportunities to lark about with my younger relatives. Good for you, it looked hilarious !
ReplyDeleteAnna x
Aww, this is so cute. I love it! Having fun with the children is a part of being a responsible adult, or at least, this is how I justify playing with kids/dogs. :)
ReplyDeleteAww this looks like fun Kezzie, it is great to have fun and giggles :) x
ReplyDeleteI love silly times like this, they can make so many great memories.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
I couldn't agree more! Being silly is something we should all find the time to do, and not just when kids are about. I tried to get my nephews (teenagers) to skip down Felixstowe seafront with me, they wouldn't but I had great fun! I often tell them not to grow up, it's a trap!
ReplyDelete