The inspiration piece was The Green Cage by Richard E Miller, chosen by Salazar at 14 shades of grey.
Such a pretty piece. I loved the brushstrokes and the beautiful feminity of the subject plus the delightful hues.
As is often the case with Style imitating Art, I tend to go for the central colours, particularly if there is a human subject.

Taking the corally pink of her shawl and the blue of her frock, I combined two charity shop items- Broderie Anglaise shirt dress from Next and a blue petal patterned silk skirt from Monsoon. It was time to bring out the flower crown/wreath for those roses in the background. This one was my first flower crown from Monsoon Kids a long time ago! Avoided the usual smiling at the camera to try and reflect the demure nature of the subject.
I'm tending my flowers. I've been ridiculously excited over my crops. Really wanting to grow vegetables this year. Have a look so far...hope I actually get to eat some of this and it doesn't a) get decimated by slugs/snails b) die of lack of watering because I am away,


Tomato plants are fairly small. Haven't grown much since they went outside.

Radishes are blossoming. As I went out earlier, the stalks started to turn red!

Oh sad little lettuces. Not really doing much!

Onions were seedlings from Waitrose. Not done much so far.
Pak Choi were seedlings from Waitrose. Not done much so far and wretched slugs have discovered them! Go away pests!

Carrots probably won't grow - I was a bit rough with the root bulb.

Raspberries have grown a bit

Strawberries have had flowers and are growing. Slugs get lost!

Seedling lettuces from Waitrose have been chomped by the evil woodpigeons and/or snails.

Is that rocket starting to sprout? I hope so!

LOOOK Swiss Chard is finally emerging!!!!

Land cress planted by Mum but has grown a lot in the week since she came round.

Mum also planted runner beans in a pot but they've grown about 15cm in a week!!!!

French beans germinated by me!
Hurrah!
XX
I hope that your garden will grow well. Are you leaving them in containers or are you transplanting the plants in a garden? I love watching Youtube video on growing plants. My little tomato seedlings got their tops frost bitten so I may have to buy some replacements. I had covered them but I was too hasty to bring them out.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
JB
I do like your feminine outfit...so great you were inspired by art, I love that!
ReplyDeletered and blue is such a lovely colour combo and it reminds me of old masters.
so interesting to see your gardening progress. This year I only have cabbage and paprika....and roses but I'm not sure do they count cause they're already there.
http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/
Very beautiful skirt but missing those tights! The embargo continues. Go happy plants go!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely skirt Kezzie :) aww well done on growing the beans. I'm not to good growing my own!!
ReplyDeleteWow, so many veggies, well done. I would love to grow my own veggies or at least some herbs, but this year I couldn't do that. The garden was finished this month, but, hopefully, next year I'll have a crop too.
ReplyDeleteIf all that takes off you'll going to have quite a crop. Raspberries is the one thing I would love in my garden.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
Your veg garden is starting to look really good! I need to get myself into gear and plant a few more things before it's too late.
ReplyDeleteEverything is amazing! I love the flower crown and the skirt and the painting! It's all so beautiful, so ethereal! I also loved the plants! In the past I didn't like planting, and I confess I am still not so successful, but I now have two basil plants at home and they are growing so well! I loved the radish and everything! I hope everything grows well!
ReplyDeleteDenisesPlanet.com
I love the skirt! And your flower crown.
ReplyDeleteHi Kezzie!! I wish I had the patience for gardening, that looks fun haha.
ReplyDeleteI won't be able to come to the UK this summer - my budget is only taking me to Paris, unfortunately! :( Thank you for the tips, and if you somehow find yourself in Paris, I'd love to meet you!
Miranda
littlegoldpocketwatch.blogspot.com
Argh! Blogger's just eaten my comment!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your outfit, it's very pretty. You really are 'as pretty as a picture'!
Wow, what a lot of veg. Mine's slowed right down after a good start and I just give up with runner beans!
I'm thinking questions is the way to go for tomorrow, but have no idea what to ask you!
Zxx
You are much more green-fingered than me! My friend gave me a 'grow your own salad' kit... It all went ok to start with (because my bf remembered to water them) but then I decided to move the pots outside, where all the plants promptly got eaten by snails. Looks like I'll be buying my own salad for the time being.
ReplyDeleteLiz x
Distract Me Now Please
I love your take on the Green Cage and we were both wearing broiderie anglaise! The color of your shirt is amazing!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Hopefully they grow big soon! Mum has an allotment so sometimes I go and help her, I should really help more XD And last time I was down from uni I planted some garlics and every time I speak to her I ask how they're doing XD I like it all I think it's fun haha :) xx
ReplyDeleteI grew veg one year and we did really well out of it, though I over compensated and had six courgette plants and six sweetcorn plants! I hope yours do well xx
ReplyDelete