Sunday, May 31, 2015

#BEDM 31: The end is nigh!

And so this 31 day unrelenting stint of blogging is at an end! 31 days on the trot! Kind of a relief it's over but I am really glad I have done it. Any sort of talk of going on some sort of emotional, mental journey leaves me cringing and thinking of the X-factor/Strictly and over reality TV shows so I won't go down that route, I don't think I've been on a journey but I've poked my nose into a few more doors than usual, but it has been an interesting experiment. I largely stuck to the briefs each day with a few digressions into other posts

I did try to set out with the intention of visiting the other participants and I probably managed about half of them (that's about 60!) and left comments on those who had comment settings that allowed me to but in the end, I just couldn't.  I had a few, not a huge amount of other BEDMers coming to reciprocate, but I appreciated those who did, most notably, the wonderful Zoe Pennyblossoms , Lizzie Cole, Janet B , Liz, Zoe Splodz, Laura Lojo.   I even gained a few followers which for my slow moving follower list is astounding!  Thanks to Laura, Zoe Splodz, Liz, Lynn Holland, SENCO Cat Herder, Rebecca, Carville, Two Squirrels and HI! Special thanks to my regular blog friends who have unrelentingly commented, especially Ivana and Denise who have literally been daily on here with insightful, caring and supportive comments and there's more of you too!

I followed a few, including Liz at Distract me now please, Zoe at Splodz Blogz and Laura at Lojo versus the world, all of whom are great, so please go and say hi!

In doing BEDM, I had a look over my past posts and realised I didn't have as much variety as I thought, quite a lot of mediocre outfit posts, over time I've got a bit lazy, though I have consistently waffled for England so I think it was good to make myself consistently blog about a few other things.

In trying out beauty blogging, I didn't find it quite as dull as I thought it would, so you never know, I might just occasionally post about something I like, I definitely would like to do some more collaborating as I loved my interview reciprocally with Zoe at Pennyblossoms and I think it would be fun to collaborate more.  It was fun to think about travelling with the A-Z of travelling post and I liked trying to link things I wanted to post about with the briefs such as a bluebell expedition turning into a philosophical discussion tenuously linked to healthy living.  The worst post was about my work space. If it isn't pretty or doesn't create a story, it doesn't excite me. My favourite post was probably my photographic visit to Mersea Island and I LOVED sharing the talents of the wonderful Ang Almond with my question mark shirt!

During the course of BEDM, I've met up with 3 bloggers (2 still to be posted about), been to a wedding, disappeared off to Devon for a week as well as normal life!

So, onwards and upwards- I've got a ton of things I want to post about so whilst I would relish a kind of break, I really don't want to, I'm a glutton for punishment or an addict-delete as appropriate!

BEDM, it's been a blast!!!

xx




18 comments:

  1. Well done Kezzie :) a month straight is good going and a lot of interesting stuff - it didn't look like you were doing a challenge at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on that. You set out to do it - and you did it! Thanks for so many interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very good blogger, Kezzie. I can tell you love people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's this? You were doing some sort of thing this month? Really? Huh, well I never would have guessed. OK, I'm kidding, I know you were doing that ... oh, wait... what the heck was it again? Ooh chagrin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on sticking to the month of blogging, I have taken part in the past but didn't find the time this year. I really like the idea of having prompts sometimes, as it gives me new ideas. Sometimes I feel as though I get stuck in a rut with my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did so well, every post was an interesting and I particularly loved the travel one - more of those please!
    Hope the Devon break made the return to work a little less taxing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been traveling, and today and catching up on blog reading ... and I saw I'd missed TWENTY FOUR posts from you, and I thought, "What in the world? I'll never read them all!" Then I remembered that you were doing the BEDM, and I felt better, haha :) My blogging has been splotchy at best in recent weeks and months. Now I will go back and snatch out a few of yours to read. Have a lovely day, Kezzie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you!! You did much better than me. I think I just about scraped half way through it. Naughty Laura. Thank you for the kind words about me too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a really busy month. It was nice to see the posts and I think it was a good way to get out of your comfort zone. You were (and are) great xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've loved all of your BEDM and it's nice to this find it's way into the blogging world. All of your posts have been so varied and interesting and I've hoped I've been able to keep up with them, though I know I've missed a good few due to it life things! You're ace Kezzie! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  11. You e done so well, I've tried this a few times but always fail and only complete a small number of posts, my best is 9 I think, so not great.
    I loved your bluebell posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness, i did this in april, and i know how that home stretch feels! congratulations, girlfriend! interesting and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I always say, you are so so sweet, thanking me when I am the one to thank you for such a beautiful month, with so many new things, when I learned different things, went through your posts to new places, go to see the bluebells, the amazing elegant wedding, got o read about being a teacher, and none of your outfits was mediocre, pls! Always sweet and beautiful! I will miss your daily posts, but I thought "she so courageous!" I wouldn't be able to do that and to do that! I loved the challenge and maybe, who knows, next year I take part too, or even this year, who knows, But yes, it's such a challenge that requires time and you coped with 30 blogs and your job! It's amazing, congratulations!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done you! At least I didn't fall at the first hurdle and managed to struggle thru'! I loved our collaboration post and that was the best thing from doing BEDM. Thank you!
    Hope you had a lovely time away...did you get to Totnes Market?
    Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Congrats on BEDM! It is quite a hard challenge finding things exciting and interesting to talk about but you did it! Loved the variety!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in awe of the fact that you managed to keep posting every day. I feel proud if I manage to post twice a week. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Phew - you did it! Well done, I wouldn't have managed that at all! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with Denise, so sweet of you to thank me, but I'm the one that should be thanking you because I've learned so much this month...I think you did an admirable job. Your posts were very versatile and some of them must have taken a lot of time to write so it is really amazing you managed to squeeze that all in one month....my fav post was the one about travel.... It made me want to travel more! but I obviously also really enjoyed all the others, especially the outfit posts and the one about teaching.
    ....and you inspired me to blog more too! when I read about your challenge I decided to set some kind of task for myself, so I tried to challenge myself this month, by making myself do at least one illustration and DIY a day...and it was quite a journay...sometimes at 11 and 55 pm I would be asking myself...what DIY will I do today? what, what...and than is how I got a lot of interesting ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)