Sunday, June 15, 2014

The rainbow ark of gratitude returns

The madras rainbow dress again
When you creep into church late, a rainbow, bright outfit is probably not the best attire in which to be subtle.  And in case the people in front of you didn't notice your rather clumsy entrance, they'll certainly notice you when your voice is louder than most of the congregation in your vacinity behind them!

Even though it was noticeably cooler today (thank the Lord- I was SO grateful to be able to sleep last night. I was having weird pulsing pains behind my left eye, I think due to lack of sleep!), I still wanted to embrace the summer vibe so it was time to get out one of my favourite (and Vix's favourite!) charity-shopped items- the M&S madras-check dress and to try and wear it with yet more different items.  Today I tucked and folded the bodice into the skirt to wear it as a skirt and teamed with a Select top I have had since the summer of 2000 when I lived the summer in Dalston, Hackney London- hard to see here but it has rainbow beads sewn to the top and a rather lurid Fat Face cardie oh and one of my trusty wired headbands!

(Click here on the rainbow label to see the other times I've worn it...)
I am grateful for many things this week:

1.  For the good night's sleep I enjoyed last night.
2. For the sermon today, reminding me of the Great commission- and knowing that God said, "Surely I am with you until the very end of time. Yes, he's here, even now when I am typing reports! Am getting there...
3.  For cake and tea! I went round to get some cakes from the COOP (got 5 donuts, a whole carrot cake and 5 triple chocolate Thorntons cakes all for £3.20 in total!) and we invited our friend round for tea and cake as a break from our reports. I used my lovely silver cake stand,we drank tea and sat round the table and had a jolly catch-up!
3. For the friendships we have: we went to a friend's engagement and house-warming last night. I am often quite shy around this particular friend and his friends but last night I was really at ease and had lots of lovely chats with great people.
4. For my teaching ob going so well!
5. For companionship.  CBC and I are united in report misery.  Somehow makes it better listening to Bill Evans jazz, hearing the ostinato typing of your partner in crime opposite you!
6. For the sunshine this week- though sleep has been a little lacking, smiles have not been!
7. For your continual friendship, support and empathy! I will never take it for granted.
8.  For managing to catch trains
9. For the Staff winning the pupils v staff netball match on Friday! Got to ensure their continual humility ;-)
10.  For my sister getting a place on the PGCE course she wanted. She needs a bit of encouragement that she is good!!!

What I am not grateful for is my age-old misconception that Father's day is on the 18th June!  Why oh why do I think EVERY year that it is on the 18th!!!! Cue frantic making of card for Dad and grovelling messages and posting!

xxx


Rainbow turquoise 1

Linking up to

What I wore to church with Carolyn at Perspective
Perspective} WIW to church



Creative Mondays with Claire Justine

Patti's Visible Monday
Click Here for Our Weekly Link-Up!

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely outfit, a real glory to God as I'm sure he enjoys seeing something other than dark sombre outfits esp on a sunny day. Lovely gratitudes too. Hope your week goes well, and feel free to send us some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful gratitude list, Kezzie. And I really like your cheery outfit, thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure your dad will be thrilled just to see you show up in that rainbow skirt. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always happy to see you in that fabulous Madras check! What a lovely outfit - subtle is so overrated! Hope you had a lovely time with your Dad. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely checked dress. I once found a similar M+S one but have given it to my sister rather than altering it for myself - she wears it often so I'm glad that I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Madras check looks great.Enjoyed you gratitude list, hope you managed Fathers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your lists...it reminds us all to be grateful for all the little things!! I love your skirt, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That rainbow outfit is a very happy and pretty one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Might not be subtle, but it's super cute! I love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit Kezzie, i am going to pop over and she how you have style it before too :)

    Thanks for sharing over at Creative Mondays..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for sharing Kezzie, featuring this week at the blog hop..

      Delete
  11. It looks brill as a skirt, the colours in it are so lovely. Select-I forgot that shop existed. I had one in my Uni town and had these wide legged black trousers that I wore to death. When I moved to London, I realised on the train that the zip was stuck and I couldn't go to the loo as I had to cut myself out of them!! I sent them home to Mum once I eventually got them off and she put in a new zip, then burnt them with the iron and they were ruined! I went to Eastbourne one weekend a month or so later and they randomly had one pair of the exact trousers in my size!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done winning the netball and scoring scoring such delicious sounding bargains! Has your headband got rainbow flowers on it? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. On the other hand, if you are going to be late you may as well make a gorgeous entrance! You look radiant in your rainbow!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute outfit - love all these colors together!
    Visiting from the WIW Sunday link up :)
    Sammi@http://beautifuldreamerami.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You outfit cannot be any better. Perfectly appropriate for sneaking in to church late. It's getting there at all that counts. So pretty.
    You do have lots to appreciate, as do we because of your adorable presence!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous5:48 pm

    What a positive post! Goes well with the color of your dress =) #creativemondays

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)