
Last year, I went to Nottingham for a wedding. In between getting from Nottingham, Catholic cathedral and Nottingham castle for the reception, I noticed that there was a vintage fair happening in an adjacent building to the church. CBC had to go and find the car and bring to the hotel and check in so I wondered if could make a brief trip into the fair without anyone noticing. 10 minutes saw me in and out with two dresses! Both were unfortunately summer dresses so I haven't had much chance to wear them until now but I've been biding my time. I'm not sure how vintage they are (if indeed they are- you never know)- but I loved the pin-polka dots and cute Peter Pan collar with scalloped sleeves- three sure favourite blogger-things!

CBC has recently refused to take blog photos for me, saying I shouldn't put so many pics of me on the internet. He's probably right. However, he agreed to take some shots in the awkward light, provided I was willing to pose with props. Ah, what? An olive tree which I have inherited from Grandad's garden and two containers of olive oil like I am the Bertoli girl! So, I felt like a prize twit but at least I didn't have to risk the camera on the wonky picnic table!
I think this would be a great outfit for school- cool for the summer but still quite demure. It's really nice wearing summer dresses to school each and every day.
Today at school, we had the most incredible display of Extreme Biking! We had the current UK no.1 BMX trick champion and an amazing Track cyclist come in and give an amazing 45 minute show to the children as part of Health Week. It was incredible! Truly amazing and inspiring. We also had the hilarious Road Safety show in this morning who filled another 45 minutes. There's all sorts of events on this week for the kids and it's very exciting! On Friday we have a staff v Year 6 netball match which I am very excited about though maybe I was a bit stupid to arrange a lesson observation for the same day. We have one every term and I want mine over and done with! Plus, I'm doing a 'whole class participation lesson' on Friday and I don't know if I have done one of those with older children in a lesson before. Usually it's whole class input then group work so I will be intrigued to see what feedback I get as I've not been observed on doing the whole class all together for the whole hour. In addition, I am teaching the observer's own class so that will also be an interesting experiment!
Hope you are well x
Saving this for Renae's Fashion Item Friday!
I think it's a great dress! You have a good eye for "finds" if you did that in ten minutes :) And as far as pictures of self on the internet, well ... by now you have enough on your blog that unless you want to go back and take them all OFF again, it probably doesn't matter - haha! I figure, when it comes to my blog, that of all the millions of blogs out there, nobody much is going to be interested in me, so I don't worry about it :)
ReplyDeleteIt's a lovely dress and suits you really well. I figure that anyone could snap a photo of me with a camera phone at any time while I am out and about so at least the photos I put on my blog are ones I chose. Good luck with your observation. It has been ages now since I've had one of those and now I never will again. Unless someone wants to come and observe me sitting on the sofa reading. I'm really good at it!
ReplyDeletexo
Such a sweet dress! You could invest in a tripod and remote if CBC won't play along? X
ReplyDeleteWhatever age the dress is it looks lovely and is a perfect fit. Your little olive tree is a beauty, I've never managed to keep one for long, your Grandpa must have been very green fingered.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the others, get a tripod or ask a colleague to take your photos, its always lovely to see you! xxx
Lovely pics as always. Is that CBC's shadow in one of them?
ReplyDeleteThat dress is lovely and I adore your belt. Good luck with your observation class, i'm sure you will be magnificent!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to go with the tripod idea - M thought the whole concept of blogging was ridiculous and downright refused to take photos or have anything to do with it!
ReplyDeleteI really like this dress, though - good find!
ReplyDeleteA lovely dress, it looks great.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great dress. That is something I would do...shop "during" a wedding! I love it!
ReplyDeleteThe dress is adorable, and fits you perfectly! What exactly is your husband's objection to photos of you on your blog? It's a personal choice, and with so many blogs and millions of images of individuals out there, I'm not sure why a few more is an issue? Your choice - I'd get a tripod and keep going! xxx
ReplyDeleteCompletely gorgeous dress, a great find.
ReplyDeleteGood luck for your observation lesson.
Lisa x
Well done on the stealthy dress shopping- you're like a vintage ninja! Tell CBC that the internet has spoken and we NEED your outfit photos. Perhaps you can invest in a tripod? xxx
ReplyDeleteGreat dress Kezzie, sweet belt too :) I have never visited the vintage fair and I live in Nottingham, think it is time to pay them a visit :) I have a tripod and take my pictures when everyone is out hehe ...
ReplyDeletelovely outfit I love that dress x
ReplyDeleteYou look so adorable in these dress. Oh i would like to visit Nottingham too one day. Thanks for linking up with Renae and me as her co host. Stay in touch.
ReplyDeletexo
Sam
http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com
Lovely dress! I have a tripod, though I've misplaced the attachment so have to balance the camera atop the tripod and hope for the best!
ReplyDeleteI love the dress! You're such a sneaky shopper Kezzie ; ) That bike thing sounds great, I absolutely love things like that.
ReplyDelete