
Hello there! I had a lovely post planned about the gorgeous flower festival I went to today, but sadly, time has run away from me and it's late! So, it's just a quick post to say hi!

How gorgeous the weather has been today- SO lovely and hot and bright! What a difference!
I went with my niece and mum to the festival, where we listened to a recital, looked at flowers and ate cake! I have some lovely photos to share in another post soon!
Today's outfit is nearly entirely thrifted. In Maldon yesterday, whilst renting wedding waistcoats (Coes- very nice traditional, established place, excellent service!), I nipped into the Salvation army and found this chequered Miss Selfridge dress and a matching red floral necklace. A dress with pockets is a great find as is anything chequered for me personally and empire line! It does make me look a bit wide but who cares! The hat is a past thrifted purchase. The accessories weren't- shoes- local shoe shop, earrings- Cath Kidston, ruby slippers brooch (just visible)- imported, bracelet- Javanese batik market!
I shouldn't have bought the dress- wedding saving is crucial, but somehow I did.
A thought for the day- don't let the sun go down on your anger. It's a biblical proverb and it holds true.
I got really annoyed with CBC over something really trivial last night and stropped around for ages. It's amazing how at the time, something can seem really important. But with hindsight, it's a really stupid thing! I was heartily ashamed of myself but falling asleep, I didn't get the chance to apologise till the next day. Always make peace as soon as possible! We're supposed to be enjoying the wedding process and I need to remember to try and enjoy it, no matter how anxious I feel, no matter how I am worrying about budgets or time-wasting on tasks and I need to stop being so uptight and chill!! I really don't know why I stress so much sometimes!
xx
I love your dress xx
ReplyDeleteThe verse about 'don't let the sun go down on your anger...' is one which Bob and I always include in our wedding prep sessions with couples planning marriage. It is SO true. Right now life IS a little more stressful for you, but start as you mean to go on, and keep short accounts with each other, and put things straight sooner rather than later. [Sorry, sounding like fussy old mother hen here...!]
ReplyDeletesummer blessings xx
I can only sleep on an arguement, contrary to logic. Once I'm riled there is no use for it but to sleep it off, only then can I accept an apology ;) (only half joking there).
ReplyDeleteBut what about your bag????? It looks a beauty!!!!
Such a cute dress, I would have bought it too! Sometimes you have to treat yourself!! And stressing about the wedding - including getting frustrated with your fiance - is totally normal! Don't feel too bad, as long as you move on and work through it, that's all that matters!
ReplyDeletei get the same way...although i am so stubborn, sometimes it's harder for me to apologize (although i still do)! wedding planning is frustrating, and it's easiest to take it out on people who won't stop loving you!
ReplyDeleteLove your hat and the bag- they're both so fancy! I completely agree re: arguments. There are very few things in life worth a night of cold-shouldering and seething yourself to sleep. I normally have to go off by myself for a little while though to get some perspective on how daft I'm being! xxx
ReplyDeleteI used to have that dress, or a very similar Miss Selfridge one. It's really lovely. Another amazing hat, you always look great in hats! The flower festival looks lovely too xx
ReplyDeleteI love your niece she's so cute! My Mum always instilled into us, never to go to bed on an argument. I always think for most situations, it feels a lot different in the morning though. I could imagine wedding planning is very stressful.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty dress Kezzie, you look lovely!
ReplyDeleteWedding planning is stressful and tempers will flare! I planned ours and a church blessing and reception in four months and was beside myself most of the time, particularly when I remembered we had no wedding rings until two weeks before the day!