Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The day of feelings

Disbelief - I cannot quite believe this, but I just caught a mouse. I thought my mouse problems were solved a while ago, but I saw one scurry under my stairs on Friday. Just now, I was reading an e-mail when I heard a sort of mousy scuttle coming from around my toaster. I peered into my toaster and saw nothing. Then I picked the toaster up and behind it was a mouse. I screamed and it ran left towards the corner where my hob is. (I have a lot of my worktop.). I nervously moved the porridge jar and the TARDIS biscuit tin and then realised it was behind the pasta jars (tail gave it away). I admit to then grabbing a potato masher and poking the end of it into the corner. It squeaked in protest and then scarpered back towards the floor. I caught with a lock and lock jar, by some miracle (it was FAST!) when it leapt onto the floor. It's now trapped like a spider under the tub but I have no idea how to transfer it outside as unlike a spider, it is heavy and I am not sure the cardboard manouvere will work.

Guilt - despite the fact it is a squatter, I feel bad that I may have trapped and broken one of it's ankles under the tub. I'm not sure- it's lying very still there under the tub.

Sadness - On the subject of considered vermin, as I walked to the library today, noticed a pigeon in the road, flapping its wings defeatedly in a decidedly odd way and failing to move. I put down my bags and walked into the road. The poor thing had a MASSIVE pink tumor or sore or abcess or something on its head and it couldn't really move. I came towards it and it flapped anxiously but couldn't do anything so I picked it up with its wings folded down and put it in a neighbour's drive way (stupidly, I now reflect, why didn't I put it in MY driveway, then I could keep an eye on it). As I put it down, it looked awkwardly back at me, in confusion. It looked really bamboozled. I headed to the library with tears in my eyes, feeling really sad over it, not sure what to do. When I came back from the library, it was still in the driveway so I went and got some linseed and came towards it but it frantically tried to run away. I left it then because I was going out but when I got back, I couldn't see it in the dark. I hope that it either has a quick end or gets better. Who'd have thought I'd be so upset over a pigeon.

Dizzy - I went to swing dance tonight and it was really really hot! As I danced, I felt a pain my my shoulder region. I then dug my fingers in and massaged it hard. I felt really queasy and dizzy at that point, it hurt so much and I had to abandon my partner and go and sit outside. Super embarassing.

Nervous: Oh my goodness, I have to play piano for Meditation by Massanet for a past violin pupil who is coming to play at my school concert on Thursday evening. It's HARD and famous!!! She's amazing and I really don't want to screw it up for her!

Amazed: Year 1 have been studying Brazil as part of Geography week and I reluctantly agreed to teach them some samba (it's something I would do with year 5-6) and to my amazement, they were able to play, remember and obey correctly, the stop and start signals and maintain 7 different parts at once. Ok, they weren't totally in time with that element, but it was quite astonishing!

Touched: It was probably my last lesson with one of my year 2 classes today and they all sighed sadly when I said as such. Then, one of the boys, who is a boyish boy if you know what I mean, he's not one to show affection or act too much like he really likes a teacher, he came over and hugged me and said he hoped he could be in my music classes next year and would miss me.

Happy: I am excited about the next month and I am happy about the sunshine, dance and everything to be done What about you? What did you feel today?

7 comments:

  1. I felt prideful at my professional and personal accomplishments. I felt happy that you visited my blog. I FEEL happy from my martini(s). I feel delighted because of your blog article to which I'm replying. You are a good fairy, Kezzie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you caught a mouse, how scary! What are you going to do with it now? A thin chopping board may be stronger than card? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:17 pm

    My feelings have not been as diverse as yours - mostly just relief that a friend is recovering after a heart attack. Catching a mouse would be scary, but I see what you mean about the cardboard maneuver. I hope you found a way to relocate him to a neighbor's house! Too bad about the pigeon, but there's nothing you could do. And so exciting about both your work and your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you trapped a mouse! That's so brave!
    I am feeling happy that I have finished my course and an uninterrupted summer is stretching ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mice scare me, so i consider you extremely brave to have trapped it! and that poor pigeon, i think i would have felt the same way you do! how sweet of that boyish boy to hug you...i bet that made your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh god I had a mouse issue a while ago. I couldn't handle it AT ALL - I actually vacated my house. Why must they live among us?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these kind of posts, you get to read other's people emotions and feel what they feel. I'm not really that scared of mice. I simply can't stand them!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)