Sunday, February 17, 2013

Make the effort

Red Vintage floral dress
Greetings on such a wonderfully  sunny Sunday!  How beautiful it is to be bathed in sunlight.
We're driving off to sunny Oxfordshire to see my old Uni friend for her birthday. I don't see her very often due to geographical location but I was determined that I should make the effort to drive the 2 hours,well CBC driving,to go along. She's the only real uni friend I am still properly in touch with. It is so easy to say, that it's too far away and your good friend will always understand, but it takes effort to maintain a friendship.  It's always worth the effort. CBC totally understands this,he,even more than I,understands the importance of this.

It's now the evening and we had a gorgeous time.

The outfit above features a late 70's dress I bought from Brick lane which I adore, it's so comfy and an antique brooch I bought from a church fair which belonged to thr mother if the seller


15 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:17 pm

    nice nice nice outfit :) gorgeous necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful outfit, I love the necklace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dreadful for never making the effort to go see friends, it's shocking really. Love that dress x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty floral print on the dress fabric!

    Friends are Very Precious - especially ones who go back A Long Way. I have one special friend who I met 30 yrs ago when our husbands were studying together. In 1986, we went our separate ways - but then in 1995 we found ourselves living just 4 miles apart, and it has been wonderful to be able to see each other so much more.

    My Bestest Girl Friend [since 1972] I try to see often even tho she lives 100 miles away. It is always worth it. Phone calls and emails are OK. Hugs and REAL cups of tea are better!!!

    Enjoy half term

    blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress! Hope you had a wonderful time catching up with your friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its great to catch up with friends! Love the little locket.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:32 am

    This is dress is so pretty! You look lovely. Gorgeous brooch too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty dress. I'm drooling over the necklace too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUCH a good dress! And yes, I was in the UK yesterday too and it was a beautiful day! So sunny and lovely. Pictures coming in about three weeks. :P Hope you had fun in Oxfordshire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:19 pm

    That's a lovely dress, and I love it with the boots!

    Two hours sounds easy to me for driving to see a friend. If I want to see my friends in Seattle it's a 5-hour drive minimum! I would love to do that more often, but work gets in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:42 pm

    I am totally in love with that dress it is gorgeous, I am loving the folk vibe you are giving off and completely rocking it too. It certainly does take a lot of effort to maintain a friendship and you are certainly blessed to have friends that are worth it xx x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i absolutely LOVE this vintage look. you look amazing, kezzie!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your locket is beautiful!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the rich colours in this dress and I new that beret would suit you! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, especially like the necklace. I agree it takes effort with the friendship thing, especially when you're all living in different places. I'm sure she appreciated the visit.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)