Saturday, February 23, 2013

World book day costume ideas

If you are a parent or teacher, then you know about this day, the 6th of March (I think!) in which your children end up going into school dressed as a book character!  If you are despairing, fear not, as I compiled last year, a large amount of different ideas for costumes:
Go to World book day costume ideas and you should find a large amount of ideas.

In addition to that,I've had a few more ideas since:

The three musketeers (D'Artagnian, Aramis, Porthos or Athos.)
Image found here

You need a bit floppy hat (70's style)- add a bit white floppy feather if you can.
  • Big white sleeved skirt.
  • Tightish, high-waisted trousers- tuck them into your...
  • ...Knee high boots
  • You can make a tunic out of a stretch length of material if you'd prefer to imitate the muskethounds (DOGTANIAN!) .  Make yourself a fancy collar out of material OR cardboard! 
  • Grab a sword.

Here are my costumes from previous years:



 Guinevere in 2012




































Helen of Troy in 2011 (in which the children voted me best costume and was given CHOCOLATE as a prize!)


aaaaand Catherine Morland from Northanger Abbey in 2010 (once I manage to get the photos off my phone!)


I'll add to this as I think of more ideas!!!

8 comments:

  1. Great costumes!
    Do you know what your going to be this year?
    Take Care
    Vanessa
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to mention http://www.creativejewishmom.com/
    as a great site for tutorials for kids costumes.

    I was getting quite excited about WBD [I am only in school on Thursdays] then discovered this week that my school are doing it on TUESDAY as that is the only day the "Guest Author" can visit.

    Professor Minerva McGonagall's outfit will be going back into the wardrobe then!

    weekend blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A colleague dressed as a black cat, carrying a box, from the book "My cat likes to hide in boxes". Black trousers,black jumper, cat ears on an alice band and a tail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been Winnie the witch, Peter Pan and burglar bill in past years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Helen of Troy outfit is really beautiful! Sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:52 am

    I haven't been able to (fancy) dress up properly in years! The last time was for Rocky Horror but I used to go to fancy dress parties all the time. When I worked in a school I ended up going as a pirate which was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mummykins2:58 pm

    Do you remember the time I dress up at the vets to raises money for Pet Nose Day/comic relief? I wore the Nellie the Elephant costume for morning surgery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mummykins3:01 pm

    I do think the Helen of Troy one is particularly good

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)