Monday, September 03, 2012

Rockchick I am not


Hmmmmm, moody rocker-chic is the look Jessica Hart provides at the Twobirds Inspiration Monday today.  Now if there is one thing I'm not, it's rockchick!  Cannot carry it off.  Not my musical tastes, hair, dress-sense, personality.  Nil, zilch, zero. 

I tried once before, 3-4 years ago to do the rockerlook with this Tommy Hilfiger t-shirt.  I even accessorised with a Dalek, (you know, studs, metal, they've got the vibe) but somehow it didn't work.  I just don't think it's me and I'm ok with that. I quite like being the person who can't carry it off!  That makes me me!

I was in the show 'Anything goes' a while back, playing one of the 4 fallen angels (incidently, the one named Virtue) and despite the fact, that alongside my other 4 angels, I was dressed in a let us say, un-Kezzie-like fashion, apparently I just looked sweet! Ahrgh!

Looking through my wardrobe this morning to find something to create this look was like trying to find moonshine! 

So I looked at my few t-shirts with logos one, dismissed the Pink panther one and decided to go with this Sound of Music one I bought when I saw the show- because like Zed Leppelin, it has a cult-following (tenuous I know).   I own no animal print trousers (or tops for that matter) so the nearest I can get to garish print is these floral print trousers.
To make me look hard (I speak with tongue in cheek!) I wore mismatched earrings- earphones and cassette (for retro cred?) and a lightbulb necklace! The boots were outside my possibilities I am afraid!

I did have a few t-shirts in mind- before I went for the chosen one, which I thought I'd show you for a laugh.  One is a sort of Christian question one and the other is my tour-t-shirt from when my Gamelan band starred in the Bali Arts Festival 2006 (yeh, a band t-shirt!).   No rockchick cred there either, I'm afraid!
Oooh, I forgot to say!  You must be wondering why I am faffing with t-shirts and am not at school!  Well, wonder of wonders, I got my dates wrong and we're back tomorrow!!!!! So I have an extra day off!  Oh halcyon day, oh wonder and raptures!!!!

Does adding a roughened looking frame round it make me look any harder?! No?
Now, I suggest you go and sate your rockchick look cravings by going to visit the other rockchicks/birds at the Two bird link up plate!

Ciao for now!

13 comments:

  1. i love that you play along even if the outfit doesn't feel like you! and i think it's great that people think you always look sweet, because you do! i love your sound of music tee, and the floral pants are so fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could have fooled me, you seem to be pulling this look off a treat.
    I didn't take part today, kind of because I don't have any printed tees and didn't want to stray too far from the original.
    At least you didn't go to work and THEN realise it was off x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:21 pm

    That Tshirt is awesome, I would be so much prouder to be wearing a sound of music tshirt then a band tshirt anyday. The outfit is really loud and brash and that essentially is what being a rock chick is all about xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, some looks don't really feel like "me" either- that's why it's called a challenge, I guess. Your hair looks lovely, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look AWESOME lady! Way to make this look work more for you! And guess what, I chose floral pants too. We're twinsies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit! you look great!
    Vanessa
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to realise you didn't have to go back to work today!
    I cannot pull off the RAWK CHICK look either but I imagine all the rock chicks in the world couldn't pull off your quirky vintage looks :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must replace the pants with a cute jean skirt! Then you would be a rocker chick, in my opinion. I can do rocker and duchess. Anything in between, and I feel boring. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha,ha,ha you crack me up. I was in a play as a prostitue once and I always remember the director saying, "someone please make Luan more slutty she look like little Beau Peep not the boat prostitute"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! So much more fun and interesting than the stereotypical rock chick sort of look. Those trousers are amazing.

    I reckon you're either born to wear that sort of stuff or you're not. I always feel like I'm playing dress-up when I attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha Kezzie I think you look nice. You can totally pull it off. I was into the whole 'rocker chick' look a while ago, but it did't work out for me. I like to wear dresses and pink girly things too much, haha.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog :)

    -Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, I think you've done a pretty good job. Rock chick is very much my thing so I like to see it get a few more shouts in blogland - makes a change from all the Peterpan collars and such like!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. making the inspiration monday rounds late this week
    yea you for getting an extra day!
    i was with you on this one, so outside my sense of style
    brett

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)