I keep hearing bloggers talking about looking forward to wearing Fall-fashion (autumn for us Brits). And I say NO! It is summer and it shall remain summer and I shall dress summery as long as I can! . In support and validation of this intent, it has been beautifully sunny and warm today! I have been in CBC's garden. It is sunny. I will dress sunnily.
FYI, the dress was a sale purchase from ASOS a bargain at a dozen pounds! I really like collars. I think it'd be perfect as a midi-dress. The hat is CBC's panama which I bought him to replace the one he'd lost. The lost one has now turned up so I may just 'borrow' it! I know it's the end of summer but I can never resist summer dresses! I was also really pleased to buy a really nice long length swimsuit or one with a skirt! I didn't know you could get ones that were longer. For years I have only been wearing bikinis because swimsuits were so hard to fit and because they were too high-cut for me. I may even decide to go swimming regularly if I've got a suit I'm happy with. It felt very expensive, but I hope it will be worth it because I'll feel less self-conscious.
Asos has a really nice selection including these:
Love the cute swim skirt and ruffles on this.
The 50's styling and cute colours made this really attractive.I liked this one best and bought it- I like the swimsuit aspect and the fact it's fairly plain but still fun with dots!
The skirt was also cute on this one but I didn't spot it until I went back to find the photos.
Images from www.ASOS.co.uk .
There are also some real horrors like ones with minging cutout bits but the majority are gorgeous!
I spent the day at CBC's today. He's doing work. I am supposed to be doing work. I will be soon! But I am struggling to get on with it! I just want to wander through fields of flowers and by lakes!
I've had company in the form of Dex and Cleo- a neighbour and friend's cats. Dex is not a cat, he's a tank! But he's a very luxurious cat! When I say that, I mean, he has very plush fur I like to put my feet on as he sits by me!
Cleo, by contrast, is a little moth-eaten. But she's sweet. She did come and sit on my lap whilst I watched the North West Pacific Ballet company dance Ballachine's setting of A midsummer night's dream to Mendehlsohn's music. Did anyone watch it? It was beautiful! I really want to go and watch some live ballet now!
It's been a week of cats. A cat rocked up to school on Thursday, a beautiful little tabby and white girl. She had a collar on but didn't seem to want to leave. She spent the day in the head's office. Two days later and no one has claimed her even though posters have been placed etc. We all secretly want her!
How's you then? Are you being defiantly summery or are you one of the Fall fans?






Look at the cats, cuties! :)
ReplyDeleteI love all seasons! lol, sometimes the sun causes me to come out in a rash so i don't spend too much time in it but i do love to sit in a beer garden or go to a bbq in the lovely sun. i love your summer dress you have some lovely clothes and the cats at the end of your post are adorable.
ReplyDeleteVanessa
x
Awww, cute kitty! I want to cuddle it and squeeze it -- in a nice way. It's so awesome to see you showing off your legs. You have some nice calves, girl! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88
I am never ready for autumn or winter, i just wish it was summer all year round. Love the new design of your blog. I also love the dress very summery indeed.
ReplyDeleteYou look great in that dress! I love all seasons, I can't pick a favourite as there are so many wonderful things about each. My favourite season is really whichever we're in, hehe!
ReplyDeleteI love that dress on you, just perfect for sunny days! I too am clinging on to summer - autumn and winter are long enough as it is without brining it forward prematurely.
ReplyDeleteThose swimsuits are all so pretty, you can't go wrong :)
It's still in the 80's here in Troy, so I have to figure out outfits that aren't vacation-fantastic but also won't make me break out in a sweat.
ReplyDeleteI am still hanging onto the summer! =) But I guess I can't call myself defiant since I'm in Florida and, well, it's still summer here anyway. ;-) haha
ReplyDeleteBring on Autumn I say - such a pretty time of the year! I can understand why you're clinging on to summer when you look so good in a little halterneck though. Nice pins girl! xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm torn, half ready to give up on Summer but not quite ready for Autumn yet.
ReplyDeleteI hate Autumn and Winter and I'm totally with you on making Summer last as long as possible! Those kitties are adorable, I hope the stray finds her home. x
ReplyDeleteOh pretty kitties! Love it!
ReplyDeleteI love Fall. Sorry hon, I just do. I'm ready for cooler weather and sweaters!
i am with you about summer...keep it coming! and you look stunning in your new dress. short and sassy really suits you!!
ReplyDeletekezzie, you look adorable in your summer dress. :)i am a definitive fall fan! texas is too hot in the summer.
ReplyDeleteI am clinging to the ankles of summer with a death grip!
ReplyDeleteThis dress is perfection on you! i dont blame you for hanging on to summer, it comes an goes so quickly, but as you know i do love crisp chilly dry days, and layers! xxx
ReplyDelete