Saturday, September 01, 2012

Suitcase warning: please read if you are going to Stratford...

Hi there!  You may not have realised it but I have been in France for the past week, I just got back this evening.  But before I do any other posting, I do want to warn anyone, particularly anyone with a suitcase using a train, going to Stratford, that as I was getting the train back from Liverpool Street tonight, someone tried to steal my suitcase off the train.  I was sitting with my back to the door and my suitcase was parked by the door (I've done this millions of times over the past 20 years) and when I got to Stratford, I did my customary glance round to look at my bag and it had gone!  In panic, I glanced out of the door and saw it next to a lady with a buggy against the wall (lucky I looked when I did).  I flung down my handbag and two other bags on the seat and dashed out of the door, grabbed it and just managed to get back on the train as the doors were closing! I didn't really think as it was happening, I just acted through blind panic.  I was shaking like a leaf for at least 20 minutes.  The woman didn't say anything at all as I grabbed it, she was just looking at me, making no move to do anything so I think it was a chancing thing- someone saw an opportunity and took it.  It was a BIG red suitcase, so there's no way she could have done it by accident.  There were no other suitcases, just mine  Anyway, just wanted to warn anyone who's going that way, especially with a suitcase, to be on your guard.

More from France sometime soon. Hope you are well and thank you for your nice comments!

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you looked when you did cause that would have certainly ruined your trip. Cant wait to hear aobut France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous opportunity to hop a train and find yourself in another country! Oh how I dream of retiring in France! Perhaps when we are old and grey, we shall sip tea with one another at an outdoor French cafe. :) That would absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)