Thursday, September 06, 2012

Among the vines, obscenely short?

Every so often, I end up wearing something quite short- like these shorts.  Two things always seem to coincide with this occurence:
a)  No matter how warm it seems in the morning, it ALWAYS seems to get cold as soon as I am out, past the point of no return and I freeze
b)  I am mocked or everyone comments on it.
Take today.  I roasted at school yesterday so today, I wore my little rainbow dress (you know the short one I wore here. I didn't do much different with it,except for different accessories and wearing an orange fluttering butterfly on one side so I didn't bother taking piccies) though this time without leggings. You know, I thought I'd make the most of it being sunny and no children.  And would you believe it- EVERY single member of staff I met commented- some politer than others! (credit to my kind headteacher who didn't mention it, but after my taking umbrage to the 15th person, who told me she wasn't going to tease as she was quite sure everyone else would do it anyway, decided to spare me!). I did feel a little chilly on the walk in.

I wore this outfit on the Thursday in France.  We had the most wonderful walk through the vineyards to go to Taillecavat to go to the Boulangerie to buy the bread.  It was a perfect day for it.  It was supposed to be a short-cut though we got a little lost.  Can you believe the entire cottage was surrounded by vineyards! 

Hat: Tiger, Blouse:  H&M, Shorts: Forever21, Necklace:  Faith,hope&charityswap gift from Helen, Earrings:  Market in Monsegur, Sandals:  Clarks.

I just admire farmers and those who work with crops so much. They work with the beauty of the nature and they give it order, dignity, pleasing mathematical layouts to enhance what is already exquisite. I am always so amazed by how fantastic and artistic fields of crops look. They work so hard to ensure we have food to drink, wine to eat, they battle against the weather and they work so hard. That advert that says, "Do I buy Countrylife to support our hardworking farmers. No, it's their career choice. I do it because I love the taste on my crumpets' (the power of advertising: I know that off by heart!): well actually, we'd be a bit stuck without their career choice- so thank you farmers!


Here were some of the delightful vines we walked through.






And here's my lovely CBC- the perfect accessory with his red shoes!  An ideal companion for a meander through the vineyards...

8 comments:

  1. You have killer legs m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i had your legs, i would wear short shorts and skirts all the time!! and what beautiful pictures! i want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, some people should keep their opinions to themselves.

    I love these shorts on you! And I love that vineyard, it looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely i wish i had long legs like you!
    Your rainbow dress is cute too! If they havent got anything nice to say then don't say it at all is my motto :)
    looks like you had a lovely walk
    Vanessa
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kezzie if my legs looked like yours I would be living in shorts. I think your work pals are jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wot a b'ful place... In fact the whole europe is- so bful.... love ur floral top

    ReplyDelete
  7. kezzie, what beautiful photos! very pretty floral blouse. the weather is fickle isn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful scenery! Love your red shorts with his red shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)