Sunday, September 23, 2012

10 reasons to be thankful


So many moments pass me by in which I am grateful, I think of blessings, things that make me realise how lucky I am.  This weekend has been one of those full of such moments,  a weekend with no fixed plans, with time to wander.  I'd love to know what you are feeling thankful for!

1.  For a warm home.  As it grows cold, I think of how awful it must feel to not have this.  I am so lucky being able to rent my Mum's house.
2.  For CBC- I love him dearly and really enjoy his company.  I love his spontaneity, his imagination, his care and well- HIM!  I count myself lucky to be able to spend time with someone I love!
3.  I never ceased to be amazed and grateful for the power of Music! It says so much, expresses so much.  I love how it speaks where words end or fail.
4.  For the church community- I love my church family dearly- they are such an important part of my life.  I love the fact that we of all ages, can love, share and listen to each other, united in our love of God!
5.  I am grateful that there are things in my life that I don't do or need- I don't need alcohol, cigarettes, or to drive, or need to eat certain things- it is hard to express what I mean here. There are things I do and don't need and I need to work on these aspects (more anon) but I am grateful for those things I can do.
6. I am so grateful that work is enjoyable, I am enjoying school so far- my new timetable is good so far. The demands on a regular teacher are so much, the government has no idea, and I am grateful that music means I need not undertake several of the horrendously arduous endeavours that are heaped upon teachers anew each year - APP in Maths, English and Science for example. I am glad that the take-up for extra-curricular activities is great so far from both boys and girls- I am glad that I have these things to offer and I love doing these things!
7.  For common-loves and interests with my lovely family!  Being able to phone my Mum up and wax lyrical about the cacti like they are small children of whom we are very proud of their growth!
8.  For the beauty of nature- the garden, by the work of my mother's hands is beautiful. The plums are still growing, juicy, delicious, runner beans still coming through.  The beauty of a walk in Hadleigh yesterday.
9.  For the ability to notice things.  Take the sky above.  It was a sight of delight throughout the journey home.
10. For time, for being able to take time to talk, for being able to take time to think, to listen, to care and to just be

What are you grateful for?

8 comments:

  1. Great list Kezzie. It is good to take sometime to think of the things that we are greatful espeially when most of the time we are constantly mourning. Hopefully it rubs on to the rest of us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lists like this! I actually make one in my head every morning. It's a great way to start the day.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to stop sometimes and notice all the good in our lives. I'm so lucky to live in a nice home and be in good health. I have rewarding work to do, people who need me, and people who make me laugh. Riches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photograph of the sky is truly breathtaking...I always managed to see such beauty in the setting sky but am never able to capture it on camera. Guess it's just not meant to be!

    Like you, I've been trying to appreciate and just all around notice this better. It makes your heart so much bigger <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw - what a wonderful list! I'm happy for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am to grumpy most mornings to be grateful for much, oops. I don't count my blessings often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so good to stop and recognize these kinds of things! I find myself doing the same, especially in the Fall when it's just so glorious outside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since recovering from post natal depression I've always tried to be grateful for the good things in my life because the pnd made me apathetic to almost everything.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)