Inspiration Monday at the Two birds! I almost didn't do this one- I couldn't think of anything I wanted to wear that fitted the bill!
Emma Stone. Pretty but don't know who! I love red hair! I always wanted to be a red-head!
The thing that inspired me was this Monsoon cardieI found in my wardrobe!
Worn with White-stuff purple cords (Have you noticed, I don't really do jeans! I always dread inspiration Mondays involving jeans!), White-stuff white t-shirt, worn with scarf (present from Sophie) to disguise the fact it's a little see-through! Irregular choice, Bed of Roses Ponelope.
Given the Kezzie touch- Purple felt hat! I always feel better wearing a hat!
One of the hardest things to teach or actually FACILITATE as a music-teacher is Composition- making up music. In most schools, you just don't have enough space for each group to have their own sound-world so they can hear, try out ideas and improve. You end up losing your voice through having to shout above the hefty din! More often than not, you do it as a whole class, but this means there is less opportunity for their creative input for them, and it's harder for you to assess them as you usually have to end up leading it! I persevere doing it in small groups because it is important for them to be autonomous but it's horrid at the time! They also end up arguing because they can't quite hear themselves plus there's always some pest who just wants to mess around and someone who spends the whole time swapping instruments!
Today, I made my Year 1 (5-6 year olds) children work in small groups for the first time! It was hard, but they got there! Hurrah! I really believe in developing them as composers. By the time they get to year 6, they have some good ideas!
Tomorrow, I am teaching my year 2's to play a short piece by Bartok called 'Andante' (at a walking pace). It's a musical sandwich!
Go and check out the other Birds- the main TWO, Megan (awesome shoes today!) and Nora and the following flock!





Love, love, love this outfit, the addition of that fabulous hat takes it from casual to 1970s glam, totally gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteLots of luck with tomorrow's teaching. Not long now till break up time! x
we will keep you in mind and try not to do as many jeans!! however, we love it that you are one of the bloggers who is inspired either way, and you come up with your own fun and beautiful versions! i love this blazer on you!
ReplyDeleteHi my dear!! Wow, lovely inspirational outfit post, you are right, you most certainly so suit a hat, it really does take your outfit to 70s glam as Vix says!! Good luck too with your class, you certainly do so much with your year groups, maybe they are still too young to appreciate it!! the boot sale was at Dunton, but Collier Row is on from this Sunday, I think it will be a big one too! xxx
ReplyDeletei was just thinking what a nice scarf it was, then saw that it was from me, ha. I'm so forgetful! Really like your take on this, your cardi is lovely x
ReplyDeletethanx for ur lovely comment sweety.. ..followed bk
ReplyDeleteThat cardigan is so much fun! Thanks for the comment! Love the hat!
ReplyDeletehttp://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/2012/03/brave.html#disqus_thread
I like your kezzie style...so sweet and beautiful. That floppy hat definitely adds charm. I like all the floral accents especially those on your scarf. I like this adorable vintage chic look. Have a great week Kezzie!
ReplyDeletemongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com
You look great in trousers you are so silly, good luck tommorow.
ReplyDeletelove the cardigan and you always have the cutest hats! i think you'd be great as a red head :)
ReplyDeletehttp://spinning-threads.blogspot.com
I loved your interpretation! In fact it looks just as Emma Stone's outfit, I thought! And with the hat and scarf, even sweeter!
ReplyDeleteOh, I know what it is to lose voice... there was a time I had to go to a speech therapist... I just entered the classroom and my throat start to ache - in fact, I didn't lose my voice... but had to exercise for months... anyway, I got better!
Any other concert? I would love to go to one! As I told you, in the afternoon is better, if you have one for children, pls tell me?
And about your birthday - was it on Feb 25th, then? That would be together with George Harrison and also another friend of mine! Congratulations... although late!
YOU are an emma stone clone! (rhyme fully intended!). :D
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely outfit! I like how you added a hat - I love hats, they are so much fun!
ReplyDeleteLovely, the hat tops it off just right
ReplyDelete